2000 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police)
Excellent overall machine for the long haul
Had the 06 upgrade for chain tensioner/oil pump performed in 2015.
Bought this bike new in 2000 so have been riding it for 16 years. Two military deployments have kept the mileage lower than expected for a 16 year old bike.
It is a bone stock Police bike with air shocks front and rear and the air-ride cop seat.
This has been an excellent, worry free motorcycle the entire time I have had it - and I have had this bike for 16 years since new!
It stumbled once on me last year when the stator went out but I still made it home - easy replacement and back on the road.
In 2014 - after a 5,426 mile Route 66 ride I had the chain tensioner shoe checked (still was the original spring loaded one) and found it almost worn through. Went ahead and had the '06 upgrade performed with the hydraulic tensioner, high performance oil pump etc...
Some of the things I really like about these older model Police bikes are:
* Air ride seat... truly an all day saddle.
* 'Hockey Puck' saddle bags...very easy opening/closing.
* Run Flat Dunlop Police Tires... have been able to get these on it at each tire replacement. Yeah I know they are only rated for one up riding, but that's OK as I only ride solo. Great mileage, long wearing, peace of mind.
* Upgraded alternator - effortlessly powers anything you want to add like heated gear.
* Handling... easy riding, easy maneuvering bike - even at 750 pounds.
* My favorite cop bike accessory? The 100 watt Whelen siren/horn... makes Howard's Horns sound like a Volkswagen!
Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 31st July, 2016