2009 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

This is the ultimate bike!

Starter was replaced at purchase time; 7200 miles.

General Comments:

I have owned and/or ridden several bikes, but this one is unbelievable.

The handling and performance are awesome without compromising rider comfort.

Review Date: 24th March, 2010

2009 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

Comfortable classic cruiser with modern technology that you can make your own

Left fork seal was missing, so it leaked oil a bit. Dealer fixed while I waited, at no charge of course.

Front left spotlight was misaligned, dealer said it was installed wrong. Fixed at no charge while I waited.

General Comments:

The bike is comfortable once I installed extended floorboards (I am 6 foot 5).

It sounds great and just wants to be ridden all day.

It shakes like it is supposed to, but when you're moving it is very smooth.

I am getting about 45 MPG as I have the stage one installed. I went with slipons because I was interested in lowering temps over performance and I'm not into the loud bike thing.

Fit and finish are top notch!

It just runs great.

It just handles great (for a cruiser).

Easy to work on and install optional parts yourself.

Locking kick stand! Why other manufacturers don't do this is beyond me.

In one gauge on the dash is all the info you will need, simple but very functional design. Clock, A/B trip, odometer, distance to empty that is accurate. All the idiot lights, 6th gear light and even a rider selectable rear cylinder shut off at idle if it gets too hot.

Good storage space, and lockable!

Enough accessories to make you, and your bank account, crazy.

Overall a great bike that I will have for at least 10 years.

Review Date: 25th May, 2009

2001 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

Almost as good as sex

Stator and rotor blew out - replaced at a local independent shop.

General Comments:

Handles great, better than any bike I've ridden. Very sure-footed on winding roads. It is comfortable, although I will eventually get a full-dress in addition to the FLHPI for road trips.

Shakes when idling, but smooths out as it winds up.

I enjoyed my Goldwings, but this bike has better acceleration (like I really need to go faster, quicker). Had to blow the carbs out after storing it for the winter (really?) and my buddy said he was doing 110 and falling behind... I wasn't paying attention to my speedometer anymore.

Review Date: 19th May, 2009

27th Jan 2010, 18:55

Pretty hard to blow the dust out of the carbs on an 01 FLHPI, cause they were all injected.

2005 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

They don't call it a "Road King" for nothing

The compensating sprocket loosened up at approx 3K. The pigtail for the brake light lost contact and left me without brake lights. The battery went at approx 4K and the rear tire got a flat at approx 5K.

General Comments:

This bike has the air adjustable police seat. You can easily sit on this seat for hours and be comfortable. Some people change it. They must be crazy. Just get the passenger P pad if you want to go two up. HD recommends changing the rear tire if you do this since the Dunlop D402 PT is not rated for two up riding.

The clutch is a real beauty and allows you to have pinpoint control. Handles real nice even at slow speeds.

I'm not a fan of the ABS. I'd get rid of it tomorrow if I could.

Easy bike to customize since it comes without any badges.

Review Date: 1st March, 2008

1997 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

Best bike I've owned

Oil temperature gauge replaced, normal wear parts replaced.

General Comments:

This has been a great bike. Ridden it to Sturgis twice, and never had a problem. I replaced the seat with a Corbin and the hard bags with some nice leather bags from a company in Wisconsin.

Handling is good, a bit skiddish in the rain. A bit of a dog off the line, but I've avoided the temptation to put a Stage 1 or 2 kit on the bike.

No leaks, starts every time.

A real pleasure to ride this bike, but air shocks make a huge difference in the ride.

Review Date: 30th November, 2007