2012 Harley-Davidson FLHX Street Glide from United States of America

Summary:

Nice bike

Nothing has gone wrong as of today.

General Comments:

This bike handles great. I did change the exhaust and seat.

Added other safety items.

My last Harley was the Ultra Classic, and I wish I'd went back to one. It's hard to go backwards, regardless of how good your current bike is.

Review Date: 26th September, 2013

2011 Harley-Davidson FLHX Street Glide from United States of America

Summary:

My FLHX is a true hot rod bagger. I love this bike

General Comments:

Stock low profile seat not too comfortable for a bagger.

With a gel insert, Harley could solve this problem and still maintain the clean low lines.

Harley Davidson, in 2011, now gives a stock upgrade option on touring bike engines. I opted for the upgrade (called the Power Pack option), and received a 103 in. engine, anti-lock brakes and cruise control.

With the 103, I had a screaming eagle performance chip, high flow intake and a Vance and Hines two into one exhaust, installed by the dealer with warranty.

For a touring bike, the Street Glide handles amazingly well, and is fun to ride.

Review Date: 8th June, 2011

2010 Harley-Davidson FLHX Street Glide from Canada

Summary:

Happy so far, don't get Denim Paint!!

Hi, I've only had my Street Glide a short time, my first ride ever on it was from Calgary AB to Kamloops BC on March 24th 2011. About 650 kms, and it ran great and was comfortable.

Since then I have had it to the dealer for service. Good service, except for scratched paint on fairing and one saddlebag latch, that I would swear wasn't on the bike when I took it in. The shop manager replaced the latch, but I still have a small mark on the fairing.

The paint is a Denim Black. I like the look, but if it's going to scratch this easily, HD needs to address this or stop using it.

General Comments:

I like the way it handles for a bagger, and feel the fit and finish (except for Denim Paint) is superior to my 2003 Mean Streak, which I owned from new and put 116,000 kms on.

It has the 96, and the power feels fine to me, though the bike already had an after market pipe, K&N air filter, and was remapped by HD, according to my dealer.

Review Date: 3rd April, 2011