2002 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United Kingdom

Summary:

A dream to ride

Block cracked with only 8900k.

General Comments:

Have no bad points. Will be happy when the block is replaced.

Review Date: 1st August, 2006

2001 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United States of America

Summary:

Blisteringly fast and fun

This bike has remained flawless for the most part...

The only difficulty I have faced with the motorcycle is the battery draining out. The battery seems to die out whenever the bike is left off for more than a week and a half. I am unsure of the cause of it, but after getting it started, it seems to charge back up and has no problems. More of an annoyance than a fault. :S.

Other annoyances:

The fuel consumption on this bike surprised me due to it being lower than my 600 by such a huge margin, especially when you considering that the gas tank capacity is larger on the 929RR.

The hard seat is also known to be an annoyance for anyone who would ride this bike for more than an hour.

General Comments:

I absolutely love this bike. I have bought this bike twice just to prove it. (Totalled my first one due to taking a corner too hard on worn out tires.)

The minor inconveniences of having to refuel it more often than a 600 sometimes gets tiring, and the hard seat does takes a toll on your rear end, but there is no other bike that can put a grin on your face faster with one small pull on the throttle.

Review Date: 24th May, 2006

2002 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United States of America

Summary:

A good buy if you can deal with some rough edges

Replaced the battery in 2005, but other than that, nothing outside of regular maintenence.

General Comments:

The bike makes plenty of power, but was under the mark for the class leader, the gix1000, which made it a tough sell. I didn't buy the bike to brag about horsepower, I just wanted a bike that would dive into corners hard. The 954 was very flick-able, but it would tank slap if you weren't very careful coming out of turns, I would absolutely recommend a steering stabilizer.

Also, the bike would get extremely hot in traffic. Not a good bike to commute on in the summer, and that's the reason for so few miles on a 4 year old bike (5000).

The seat could be compared to the comfort of sitting on a rock. Go with the Corbin aftermarket seat.

I would buy this bike again only for trackdays, then again, that's its design purpose.

I will say again, the bike gets very hot in 75deg+ weather, way hotter than the gsxr750, r6, fzr1000 bikes that I have ridden for at least 10k+ miles each.

Review Date: 3rd May, 2006

1994 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United States of America

Summary:

Do not sleep on it, it will fool you

Nothing.

General Comments:

I am a soldier and not mechanically inclined, my bike is garaged, dealer serviced, and only ridden in good weather, so my viewpoint maybe skewed.

My bike is awesome to ride, a wheelie monster, and lightning quick (it has beaten a few 04's), but uncomfortable after 150 miles. It is my mid life crisis toy.

Review Date: 16th November, 2005

1993 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United States of America

Summary:

Overall good reliable bike and it's quick

Fuel pump went bad and parts are expensive, but it has a lot of miles.

The timing chain is starting to make a noise. I really beat on the bike so it takes abuse. Back bearings also went bad.

General Comments:

Good reliable bike and takes a beating.

Review Date: 22nd July, 2005

1993 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United States of America

Summary:

Love it

Front and rear axles were scraping and needed new bearings at 11K miles. About $400.

The steering head bearings had to be replaced at 12K miles due to wear found at inspection (supposedly a common problem on these?), about $250 for that.

Engine running rough/lacks power at 13K miles. Found that the right side ignition coil had lost ground and needed a jumper wire put in. No ground meant two cylinders were not firing. About $150 and extensive troubleshooting by service to fix.

General Comments:

I love this bike. I wanted one when they were new, but I was young and couldn't afford it. I traded from the VTR250 I had for 10 years and I haven't ridden a lot of other bikes, so I can't really compare it.

I will say that on long trips, it is VERY uncomfortable on wrists, shoulders, and lower back. But I like it too much to care.

It seems more at home at highway speeds than stop and go in the city. The engine surges at a steady speed, and the transmission clunks loudly into 1st from a stop. Others with this bike say theirs do the same thing.

Review Date: 13th July, 2005