2003 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from Australia

FIREBLADE, Burn up the streets and cut out the corners

Nothing at all.

General Comments:

I can imagine what this bike can do, but I don't think I ever need to find out.

Very quick, excellent handling, awesome to ride.

Due to the excellent handling and braking of this bike, it gives you great confidence to ride.

Smooth power allows you to open the throttle without the bike wanting to lift at the front. However, when the bikes hits 6000rpm, hang on.

Powering out of corners with the revs up may also give you an unexpected surprise as the power comes on very quick.

In a nutshell, this is a great toy to own, a real head turner. Has the sound of a Formula 1 race car under the helmet.

Would not recommend for an inexperienced rider, best to spend a year or two on a mid sized sport before moving up to the real thing.

Review Date: 3rd October, 2006

4th Oct 2006, 09:58

You are right, I passed my test and got on a Blade only to come off at 75MPH on my first ride. Luckily I rolled and landed on a grass verge off the A1. It was rush hour and plenty of people were honking their horns at me as they drove by. My girlfriend was not so lucky, both legs broken. Superb days.

2002 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United Kingdom

A dream to ride

Block cracked with only 8900k.

General Comments:

Have no bad points. Will be happy when the block is replaced.

Review Date: 1st August, 2006

2001 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United States of America

Blisteringly fast and fun

This bike has remained flawless for the most part...

The only difficulty I have faced with the motorcycle is the battery draining out. The battery seems to die out whenever the bike is left off for more than a week and a half. I am unsure of the cause of it, but after getting it started, it seems to charge back up and has no problems. More of an annoyance than a fault. :S.

Other annoyances:

The fuel consumption on this bike surprised me due to it being lower than my 600 by such a huge margin, especially when you considering that the gas tank capacity is larger on the 929RR.

The hard seat is also known to be an annoyance for anyone who would ride this bike for more than an hour.

General Comments:

I absolutely love this bike. I have bought this bike twice just to prove it. (Totalled my first one due to taking a corner too hard on worn out tires.)

The minor inconveniences of having to refuel it more often than a 600 sometimes gets tiring, and the hard seat does takes a toll on your rear end, but there is no other bike that can put a grin on your face faster with one small pull on the throttle.

Review Date: 24th May, 2006

2002 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade from United States of America

A good buy if you can deal with some rough edges

Replaced the battery in 2005, but other than that, nothing outside of regular maintenence.

General Comments:

The bike makes plenty of power, but was under the mark for the class leader, the gix1000, which made it a tough sell. I didn't buy the bike to brag about horsepower, I just wanted a bike that would dive into corners hard. The 954 was very flick-able, but it would tank slap if you weren't very careful coming out of turns, I would absolutely recommend a steering stabilizer.

Also, the bike would get extremely hot in traffic. Not a good bike to commute on in the summer, and that's the reason for so few miles on a 4 year old bike (5000).

The seat could be compared to the comfort of sitting on a rock. Go with the Corbin aftermarket seat.

I would buy this bike again only for trackdays, then again, that's its design purpose.

I will say again, the bike gets very hot in 75deg+ weather, way hotter than the gsxr750, r6, fzr1000 bikes that I have ridden for at least 10k+ miles each.

Review Date: 3rd May, 2006