2006 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

The perfect motorcycle

Nothing.

General Comments:

Outstanding every day, from short commutes to long-distance rides.

Exceptionally friendly, and easy to handle at high speed or in parking lots. Takes sweeping curves and tight bends with equal facility.

Accelerates like a sport bike, with comfort that approaches the Gold Wing. No wonder this is the choice of European highway police (known as the Pan European over there).

There is a sweet spot at 100mph that makes you think you can ride all day at this speed without fuss. As close to the perfect motorcycle as you can get.

Review Date: 9th August, 2006

29th Dec 2007, 17:10

It's no wonder that you rated the ST1300 so high (all 10s) ; you owned a Harley before it.

The ST is a great bike.

Thanks for the review.

2004 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

I love my top quality, long-distance touring mount!

Factory recall for a wiring harness ground connector, and test for rear wheel linked brake operation. Connector replaced for free, no problem with the rear wheel linked brake.

General Comments:

Honda perfected the long-revered ST1100 with the ST1300. This is a top-quality long distance performance motorcycle. I've ridden mine as much as 3000 miles in a single trip, including Deal's Gap and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Handling is excellent at high or low speeds.

On a recent LA to Orlando ride, I had two 600+ mile days, never missing a beat. Ride, eat, sleep, repeat!

Review Date: 31st May, 2006

2004 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

The ST 1300 is the perfect bike for my riding style

Mine had the well known coolant leak - very slow but annoying. It was leaking for about 6 to 8 months, but for some mysterious reason, seems to have stopped. I haven’t seen any coolant on the ground for the past 2 months.

General Comments:

The ST 1300 has plenty of power and torque. It handles like a sport bike when you need the quick acceleration, and is comfortable for long distance touring, except for the stock seat. An Airhawk cushion makes a huge difference.

When you roll on the throttle, there is a bit of jumpiness between first and second gear. I have heard of a fuel regulator to correct this, but it doesn’t annoy me that much.

I absolutely love the huge fuel tank. The 7.7 gallons means I can go 300+ miles on one tank. The average MPG for me is around 42. I find this to be satisfactory considering I have a 110 mile round trip ride for work. This ride is 95% highway where I average 70 – 75 MPH.

Review Date: 18th May, 2006