Suzuki Boulevard C50T Reviews - Page 3 of 5

2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T from United States of America

Previous motorcycleHonda CB750

Summary:

Best bike for the money

Not a single thing.

General Comments:

Very easy to handle, and smooth from surface roads at 30 mph, to interstate cruising at 75mph.

Passenger seat is a bit hard for girlfriend, she goes numb after 80 to 100 miles of riding.

Very spacious and comfortable for the driver.

No hesitation, even with two of us riding uphill in fifth gear.

Great bike, decent price.

Only owned it for four days, but dealer maintenance is only 250 miles away, will update review then!

Review Date: 21st July, 2008

2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T from United States of America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Previous motorcycleHarley-Davidson Sportster XL 1200R

Summary:

Cannot beat this bike for the looks and price

So far nothing; a very reliable bike.

General Comments:

I love this bike; the more I ride it, the better I like it.. Was worried about power, but no problem there; feels like as much or more low end as my 2000 1200 Sportster.. It looks great too; lots of comments wherever I go..

Review Date: 18th June, 2008

31st Oct 2013, 17:02

I bought my 2006 C50T used in June 2012 with 4,250 miles on it. Fifteen months later, I have 11,780 miles on it. Three oil & filter changes, and a scheduled valve adjustment is all I have done. The bike is perfect. Would like a more comfortable seat, but otherwise, no complaints.

I had previously rented a Harley Road King, and I can handle this bike better, especially when I can have both feet flat on the ground. I added my own beeper alarm, purchased from Radio Shack, to indicate when I have left my signal light on. I will be doing the front disc pads soon as they have about half left on them. Paid $3,750 for the bike and am totally happy with it.

By the way, Nov 2, 2013 I'll be 82 years old. Keep riding!

2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T from United States of America

Most recent year of ownership2008

Summary:

I love it

My right turn signal lens cover broke off at the attachment screw.

General Comments:

This motorcycle has a wonderful ride.

Review Date: 16th June, 2008

2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T from Canada

Distance when acquired0 kilometres
Most recent distance534 kilometres
Previous motorcycleYamaha XS1100

Summary:

Go get one, it's fantastic!

Nothing has gone wrong with the bike.

General Comments:

I loved this bike from the moment I laid eyes on it, and that was before I got to ride it! I have been riding for 32 years and have to say this has been, by far, the easiest bike to become comfortable on. It has ample power, even for two, and is very easy to handle.

Review Date: 13th May, 2008

23rd May 2008, 09:07

Been comparing the V Star 1100, Vulcan 900, Shadow Sabre and this C50T, there seems to be a common complaint on all but the C50T that 5th gear is too small and the bike works hard to keep up. Have you found this to be true on the C50? What RPM are you running at 70MPH?

31st Jul 2008, 16:17

Though I'm not the original writer here (see my review on same page), I have to admit that for the longest time I kept trying to upshift when already in 5th gear... While it would be unfair to say the engine is straining, I just wish there was a 6th gear for interstate speeds of 65+... Regardless, I really, really LOVE this bike...

2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T from United States of America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2005
First year of ownership2006
Previous motorcycleYamaha MX-175

Summary:

It's a lot of bike for the price

A whistling noise comes from the front end when I get above 50mph. The problem began a few days ago. At first I thought it was my helmet or my imagination, but it wasn't. I let a friend ride my bike and he noticed the same noise. This is the first problem I've had with the bike and as far as I know, I'm the only one with this problem.

I called my dealer and played a recording of the noise (yes I recorded the noise with a small tape recorder) and they said to bring the bike in. I've taken off the front wheel and visually inspected the bike for missing bolts, but everything is there and in the right place. I hate taking bikes to the dealer for repairs... especially when it is supposed to be a reliable bike.

General Comments:

I love my bike. It looks great and it handles like a dream. I would have never imagined getting such a great bike for under $8,000.

The brakes suck, however. I am about 205 and my wife is about 160. There have been several instances where I have had to brake rapidly and the factory brakes are insufficient. You figure 567 + 205 + 160 + gear + gas with the factory brakes = a frownie.

Review Date: 13th March, 2008

24th Mar 2008, 17:59

I have the same problem. About a week ago, my bike started making a horrible whistling sound at around 50mph. I took the bike to the dealer, but they couldn't find anything. If anyone knows anything, please post it.

22nd Nov 2009, 13:46

I have a 2008 C50T and have noticed the same noise. It happens above 55 till about 70 mph. If there is any information as to what is causing this problem, please share!!!

23rd Jun 2013, 23:08

My 2006 C50T did the same thing. Change the front wheel bearings and the noise will go away.