Best bike for the price, taking it, and liking it!
Let's first say I am a 30 year old, 250lb rider. I bought this bike new from Canadian Tire for 30% off - 699$ - for the roads and trails near the cottage in Muskoka. I have had the bike for 1 year and have found its weak points, to put it lightly!
The bike is 1/4 the price of a Honda CRF50 - and you get what you pay for, for the most part. I have...
- Snapped 3 throttle cables, before I realized there was a problem with the throttle grip.
- Muffler fell off within the first 3 months = covered under warranty.
- Replaced throttle and housing + 4th throttle cable.
- That's pretty much it, which is awesome considering it is rated for 150lb, and I ride it balls to the wall. As long as you have a basic understanding and can tackle oil changes every 3-5 hours, carb adjustments, and just overall basic common sense maintenance like chain lube, tube changes, and a complete run over the bike every few months, with Loctite 'n EVERYTHING, this bike is for you!
- Aside from this, I have a softer seat, adjusted but stock suspension, 19mm Mikkuni carb, air filter, re-welded top of seat, muffler, and added on a wheelie bar (after ripping the muffler off twice!) (all my fault for riding the bejesus out of it. I have dumped it maybe 12 times in 4th gear...)
- Changed 3 rear tubes, 1 front. Just replaced the rear tire, as the knobs wear off quick with this kinda weight during a wheelie!
- Plus I broke a motor mount during WheelieFest 2012.
- I broke a motor mount on the opposite side of the throttle key cut out (any bike's weakest point).
- After a year I am very happy. I have put about 300$ in upgrades and maintenance. And I ride right beside a Honda CRF50, that is worth over 4000$ with 108 big bore, race head, and suspension!
- I estimate a yearly cost of 200$ with 500km/year oil, an air filter, the odd tube, chain lube, and tire change, and a Costco bottle of blue Loctite!!!
- For the price I love it - KNO BOUT IT!
Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 20th July, 2012