2003 Aprilia Tuono 1000R from Australia

Summary:

This is an absolutely brilliant motorcycle

The kill switch got water in it after a eight hour ride in a heavy storm, which killed the ignition, and required a squirt of water repellent to get it clear, which it did without further problem.

General Comments:

This is an absolutely excellent motorcycle in every sense that is important. It has great torque, is controllable, super responsive and goes hard. Oh yeah, and it's even reasonably comfortable...

It steers quickly, which is good on tight twisties which require quick hard left-right changes, and just wants to lean and lean and lean - race track lean angles on the road (let's hope the roads stay clean, eh?).

It also brakes solidly and surely, without perhaps fierce bite from high speed, but with excellent two finger stopping power none the less.

In all, it makes me a better rider than I really am, is a huge amount of fun, and leaves me feeling like I am high. I am still buzzing off last Sunday's ride, and it is now Wednesday night!

This is easily the best bike I've owned, and equal to the best bike I've ridden, the other being a Ducati 916 SPS.

Review Date: 16th August, 2006

2004 Aprilia Tuono 1000R from United Kingdom

Split balance pipe, which resulted in the bike running very rich.

General Comments:

A very enjoyable bike, the unusual styling, upright riding position, combined with a fantastic engine, superb chassis, suspension and brakes, delivers an all round package second to none. The best bike I've ever owned.

Review Date: 1st March, 2005

5th Apr 2006, 12:47

Agree totally with the Tuono owner. Best bike I ever owned. I bought the factory version last year and I've been smiling like the proverbial Cheshire Cat since. Buy one!

8th Jun 2006, 17:16

Yes, very fun bike. But mine has proven to require monthly rear brake bleeding. My local dealer doesn't seem to care about this glitch and neither does Aprilia. As a result, when this one gets wrecked, stolen or run out, I'll go back to Suzuki.