2015 BRP Can-Am Spyder from United States of America

Summary:

Love it

Trying to get after market accessories...

Changing the oil is an expensive deal.

General Comments:

I purchased a 2015 Can-Am 3 wheel motorcycle.

I am no spring chicken (72) and I still want to ride. I find it very relaxing. Therefore, I figured a 3 wheel bike would be the thing. No balancing at stop lights; it has the front suspension of a small car. You can even get an automatic transmission. It has all the bells and whistles you could want. I am very pleased with the performance and handling, even at speeds above 70mph. My only complaint is the windshield is not tall enough for me; I don't like eating bugs.

I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Review Date: 8th December, 2015

2012 BRP Can-Am Spyder from United States of America

Summary:

I like it a lot

I had to have the front end aligned twice when new. The second time they got it right.

General Comments:

I did not like the stock seat; it was not comfortable for me, it hurt my back. I purchased an ultimate seat, Tall Boy model, and I like it a lot.

2013 BRP Can-Am Spyder from United States of America

Summary:

Glad I moved to a Spyder

Nothing. Recall for potential brake fluid leak.

General Comments:

Much more agile that I had thought it would be.

Great acceleration.

Enjoy the attention at fuel stops.

More engine heat on my legs than I thought there would be.

2012 BRP Can-Am Spyder from United States of America

Summary:

A safe, enjoyable riding experience

Have owned the bike since Oct. 2012, and the only problem that has occurred was last week a computer shut the bike down.

General Comments:

I have riding motorcycles since I was 18 years old, and my Cam Am handles extremely well and is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. I am 62 years old and had both knees replaced 4 years ago, and trying to maneuver my Gold-wing with myself and the wife in tight places was killing my knees. With the Cam Am, I can continue to safely keep riding and enjoying the open road.

My wife has always enjoyed getting out for a day on the road, and 2 weeks ago she obtained her OH. motorcycle license.

2011 BRP Can-Am Spyder from United States of America

Summary:

I enjoy driving this mototcycle

1. Battery replacement required after 1.5 years and the warranty doesn't cover it... Why don't they last any longer? It cost me $200.00 for towing service.

2. Gas mileage is very poor.

3. There's no way for my wife to reach the safety hand grip on each side of the rear seat. A major safety design problem.

4. Drive belt is very noisy when accelerating.

5. Best warranty agreement is not what I was told it covered. Information was very vague when I purchased the service, and the dealers were not educated on the details of the service. When calling Best about details of the service, the response was very poor.

6. Are there going to be any updates so the gas mileage would improve? I get better mileage from my mid size car.

2012 BRP Can-Am Spyder from United States of America

Summary:

Can Am did a great job combining power, style and modern technology into one bike

Fuel gauge was not close to being accurate.

Brakes squeaked loudly.

Paint pealed off the front shroud.

The bike had strong gas fumes after shutting off.

The brake pedal was situated to close to the foot pedal; when you rested your foot on the foot pedal, your foot would easily rest on the brake pedal and cause the brakes to be activated.

General Comments:

I loved the bike so much, that when I hit an 8 point buck and really messed up the bike, I took the insurance check and the bike, and traded it in for a 2013 model.

This bike is so well designed, my wife chose to get her motorcycle permit.

The mechanical adjustable windshield is the best thing on hot days.

The storage compartments are large and well designed.

2012 BRP Can-Am Spyder from United States of America

Summary:

Fun and easy to handle

The seat where you lift for the gas tank is starting to wear.

General Comments:

The motorcycle is fun to ride, but leaning over for a long ride is very hard on your back.