2006 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

Harley should make Police models more accessible - outstanding machines!

My FLHPI has been very reliable and a daily commuter for a full decade.

There were a few repairs:

- ABS lines had to be replaced when a dealer broke a part trying to change the brake fluid!

- Solo seat air supply developed a leak and the entire unit had to be replaced @ $625.

It's been impossible to locate run flat tires during the last few years; no problem 2007-2013.

General Comments:

Took a few long rides solo:

Naples to Ft. Benning, Georgia: Averaged 36 mpg @ 72 mph

Atlanta to Pennsylvania via the Blue Ridge Pkwy. and Skyline Drive: Averaged 49 mpg @ 48 mph (speed limits are 45 MPH & 35 MPH, respectively).

Took my 3rd MSF Rider course on this bike. The low speed handling is phenomenal. Instructors all wanted to ride the FLHPI.

Wish I never traded it in for a Road Glide!

Review Date: 20th August, 2017

27th Aug 2017, 22:04

I'm buying a 2018 Police Road King this week. I can't find another motor that fits my 6'2" frame so well.

2012 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

A great riding bike

Nothing!

General Comments:

This bike came from the Florida State Police with all its service records. Was kind of plain, but I dressed it up with lots of chrome. The forest green metallic paint and chrome always get a lot of looks.

The bike is rock solid and a great ride.

Review Date: 5th August, 2017

2000 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

Excellent overall machine for the long haul

Replaced stator.

Had the 06 upgrade for chain tensioner/oil pump performed in 2015.

General Comments:

Bought this bike new in 2000 so have been riding it for 16 years. Two military deployments have kept the mileage lower than expected for a 16 year old bike.

It is a bone stock Police bike with air shocks front and rear and the air-ride cop seat.

This has been an excellent, worry free motorcycle the entire time I have had it - and I have had this bike for 16 years since new!

It stumbled once on me last year when the stator went out but I still made it home - easy replacement and back on the road.

In 2014 - after a 5,426 mile Route 66 ride I had the chain tensioner shoe checked (still was the original spring loaded one) and found it almost worn through. Went ahead and had the '06 upgrade performed with the hydraulic tensioner, high performance oil pump etc...

Some of the things I really like about these older model Police bikes are:

* Air ride seat... truly an all day saddle.

* 'Hockey Puck' saddle bags...very easy opening/closing.

* Run Flat Dunlop Police Tires... have been able to get these on it at each tire replacement. Yeah I know they are only rated for one up riding, but that's OK as I only ride solo. Great mileage, long wearing, peace of mind.

* Upgraded alternator - effortlessly powers anything you want to add like heated gear.

* Handling... easy riding, easy maneuvering bike - even at 750 pounds.

* My favorite cop bike accessory? The 100 watt Whelen siren/horn... makes Howard's Horns sound like a Volkswagen!

Review Date: 31st July, 2016

2004 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

Never left me stuck, priceless!

Clutch cable went around 40,000.

Voltage regulator went about 50,000.

Twin cam tensioner at 70,000.

Replaced clutch at 110,000.

Two batteries for peace of mind, never got stuck.

Two windshields, pitted from use.

Headlamp bulb.

General Comments:

I will own another Harley, but will never get rid of this bike. I did a 7,000 mile trip this year, and left with 100,000 miles on her. Planning a 9000 mile trip next summer.

This bike is the best handling machine I have ever rode. I am not talking racing; the slow speed handling is incredible. Comfortable on the highway, and I love the Police bags.

Review Date: 25th October, 2012

5th Dec 2012, 11:14

I own one of these as well, and agree with the above opinion. This bike is bulletproof. Reliable, runs awesome, handles like a dream. Easy to maintain. And looks *great* on the road.

8th Apr 2015, 00:55

I agree. I own a 2004 FLHPI. Never failed me. The bike runs like a top. 2 summers ago I did a 6000 mile ride and it killed me to get off the bike at the end of a 13 hour day, I was enjoying riding it so much. Thought about selling it, but can't bear the thought. Wish everything I owned was as good as my Harley.