2004 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

Never left me stuck, priceless!

Clutch cable went around 40,000.

Voltage regulator went about 50,000.

Twin cam tensioner at 70,000.

Replaced clutch at 110,000.

Two batteries for peace of mind, never got stuck.

Two windshields, pitted from use.

Headlamp bulb.

General Comments:

I will own another Harley, but will never get rid of this bike. I did a 7,000 mile trip this year, and left with 100,000 miles on her. Planning a 9000 mile trip next summer.

This bike is the best handling machine I have ever rode. I am not talking racing; the slow speed handling is incredible. Comfortable on the highway, and I love the Police bags.

Review Date: 25th October, 2012

5th Dec 2012, 11:14

I own one of these as well, and agree with the above opinion. This bike is bulletproof. Reliable, runs awesome, handles like a dream. Easy to maintain. And looks *great* on the road.

2005 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

This is the only model bike I will ever own

Strip shifter peg gets stripped every 25,000 miles.

Transmission seal leaked at 50,000 miles.

General Comments:

I don't have a car, so this is my only transportation.

Usually I put 25,000 miles a year on a bike, and this one was no different, and is my 14th bike since 1964.

I escort funerals on my time off, and this bike is quick in traffic and responds better with more stability than any of my previous bikes, to include Harleys.

On solo runs, I get about 170 miles before the reserve light comes on.

The Mustang seat is good for 8 hours of riding. After that I have to stop for an hour or so.

The custom Corbin seat takes the place of the radio rack, and is terrific for my wife's comfort.

This bike does better at 80 MPH than any other bike I've ever owned, so for long trips it's the best.

AND on this bike, the bags are accessible while stopped at lights, unlike the civilian Road King.

Review Date: 22nd October, 2012

2010 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

Real motorcycle royalty

This bike has run flawlessly, though there is a very, very slight oil leak/drip. It's a Harley after all!

General Comments:

Most comfortable motorcycle I have EVER owned in 40-plus years of riding. Stable, no wind gust issues - even at freeway speeds near trucks.

Offers smooth acceleration, good speed and roll-on for its weight class - though my marks were based on a comparison to other motorcycles, including my sportbikes.

Excellent fit and finish. Exceeds most other brands, rivals Honda, but Harley uses REAL metal, not chromed plastic! This is good. Clunky clutch is a bit tedious.

ABS brakes inspire confidence when riding in traffic or heavy weather. The Brembos bring the bike down to a quick, linear short with a two-finger pull on the lever. Very surprising and most excellent for an 815-pound wet bike.

Plenty of storage space in luggage. Easy off windshield turns this bike from tourer to cruiser in a heartbeat.

Review Date: 22nd March, 2011

19th Nov 2011, 11:51

Recently got my first Harley. FLHP Roadking. So far very happy. Handles great. Lots of speed. Never need more bike than this one.

2005 Harley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police) from United States of America

Summary:

A wonderful piece of engineering with an engine

The only thing so far is a new battery at 19,000 miles.

Replaced both tires at 28,000 miles.

Speedometer has gone nuts at 31,000 miles, but have not checked the problem yet.

Other that that, it has not given me any trouble.

General Comments:

This is my first big street bike and my first Harley. Been wanting one for twenty years. I was looking at a Wide Glide or Low Rider. But this one came along with a great price. I was nervous at first, but found that it handles great. It takes hairpin curves with ease.

The 88 has plenty of power with me and the wife in the Ozark mountains. I found that I can do maneuvers that my buddies on Ultra Classics can't.

I probably will never sell it, but will buy another Harley for the wife. What model? Not sure yet.

Review Date: 5th October, 2010

4th May 2011, 21:14

Great bike! This is my second year with mine, 2005 Road King Police. It's my 7th bike (first Harley), I waited 31 years for it. I hope I can ride for another 30 years.

Zigy.

21st Jun 2013, 21:49

Ziggy,

Glad you like your R.K., and now that you've logged miles and smiles and unquestionably still have that grin on your face, try a 150lb heavier bike. The Road Glide. I'm 100% certain you'll be smiling ear to ear on that one too. Good luck and keep the rubber side down.