2013 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUTG Tri Glide Ultra Classic from United States of America

Summary:

Very rugged and versatile, best Harley I have owned to date!

Park brake needs frequent adjustment.

Underpowered (without octane booster) in mountains.

Runs HOT! Add Love Jugs!

General Comments:

I have mine set up with a hitch, pulling a camping trailer most of the time. Stock steering was too stiff without rear suspension lifts (5/8"). Now I have a great touring rig, staying on the road weeks at a time. Last trip averaging 28.5 MPG pulling a loaded camping trailer.

Review Date: 22nd November, 2016

Summary:

Meets my needs at this stage of my life

The reverse gear failed and was replaced in 2015.

General Comments:

Seems to be well made and it runs strongly.

Review Date: 21st November, 2016

Summary:

Nice

Nothing as of this date.

General Comments:

Coming from a Softtail Slim to a trike was a whole lot different. I was use to leaning into the corners, putting my feet down to stop. No bags or radio. Now that I have the trike, I have a nice radio, floor boards, and enough storage areas to carry all my stuff, as well as others.

The corners sometimes (being a female) get a little hard, since it is pull or push in the corners, no leaning. I sometimes have passengers; they seem to really like the back seat, they can lean back, control the radio, change the station or just sit and enjoy the ride. Also, I have a intercom system, so I am able to talk to the passenger at any time. When traveling everything goes into the trunk easily. So I enjoy the trike now that I have a chance to give it a little time to get used to it.

Review Date: 20th November, 2016

Summary:

It is where I needed to be at this time in my life

Trunk latch broken. Housing is plastic. DO NOT slam your trunk.

General Comments:

52 years on two wheels before going to the trike. I kept both of them through the summer before deciding to sell the two wheeler. The wife is more comfortable mentally on the trike. I put a tall boy seat on and extended the foot boards to better fit my 6'5' frame.

Review Date: 20th November, 2016

Summary:

Awesome

No problems as of yet - the seat is uncomfortable - why put a cable in the top compartment to hold the lid open; when the cable hits something inside, it kicks the cable out of the compartment. Bought a zip lid holder and have no problems any more -- for the money that I paid for the bike and Harley installed a cheap cable, shame on them!!!

General Comments:

Love my trike.

Review Date: 25th October, 2013

Getting oil blow back through carb with only 7,000 miles on it. Dealer checked it out and said it's normal, and I did find that was true through research, but it seems excessive, and oil drips and accumulates on the exhaust; makes it very hard to keep the chrome and right rear fender clean.

Rear brakes have almost no stopping power above 30 mph.

Seat is coming apart at the seams.

Steers very hard in corners.

Review Date: 4th October, 2013

Summary:

Very expensive for a poorly designed motorcycle

The bike runs extremely hot, and burns oil.

There is also a fuel management issue.

The new 2014 models have been redesigned and are now liquid cooled; the 2013 model is poorly designed and the fix is extremely expensive.

General Comments:

The bike is an awesome ride, very comfortable.

It handles the road very well, and is awesome on hills and curves.

It is very quick for its size and weight.

Review Date: 30th September, 2013

Nothing wrong.

General Comments:

Comfortable seat and fun to ride.

The trike ride and steering is completely different than a two wheel bike.

The trike runs uncomfortably hot and is unpleasant to ride in South Florida heat, especially in stop and go traffic. Going to check on ways to reduce the heat.

Review Date: 29th September, 2013

1st Oct 2013, 13:51

I bought a 2013 special anniversary trike in December in St Louis, and brought it back to FL because of the price.

This was my first time ever to drive a trike.

1. The brakes at 35 to 40 were hard to stop.

2. It runs as HOT as ------.

3. It's hard to steer very hard in curves.

4. Mileage sucked.

5. It was like riding on a board.

In Sept I went to a Harley shop in FL with a friend to look at a 2014. Well I was so impressed with the 2014, that I wanted one. I took it on a 6 mile run and just loved it. They've made so many good changes. I was very impressed.

I bought it, but I was surprised at what they would give me for my 2013, like they did not want it, so I called St Louis and they didn't want it back.

Now on that note, I TRADED AND I LOVE my new 2014 trike.

7th Dec 2016, 02:33

I agree with underpowered, I am in So. FL and the heat is so bad I just only ride in the evening... I have a dead spot in acceleration when under 3-4k RPM!! Going to remove the cats also.

The rear brakes are not up to par. I do like the handling in corners; just takes getting used to.

The rear fenders are too easily scratched, poor design.

Cat converters must go to get a little cooler, and hope for a little more acceleration in doing so.

A pretty trike, it draws attention, a backrest is a must, cruise control is great too.

Rear brake sucks, mine never worked and caused a fuse problem with the first owner, so I don't use it.

The parking brake is always out of adjustment; my last one puked oil out the air cleaner. This one has not done that yet.

General Comments:

The bike runs very hot. I will change the exhaust pipes and do away with the cats. The drawback is finding a dyno to tune a trike is not easy.

It is beautiful.

Review Date: 28th September, 2013

Summary:

Would have expected more for the price, but overall very satisfied

Getting oil blow back through carb with only 4,000 miles on it. Dealer checked it out and said it's normal, and I did find that was true through research, but it seems excessive, and oil drips and accumulates on exhaust.

Rear brakes have almost no stopping power above 30 mph.

Excessive heat was corrected with a download and getting rid of the cats.

General Comments:

The bike is very comfortable and a great touring bike.

5,000 mile oil changes are expensive.

Trunk compartments have a strange (not unpleasant) smell that transfers to anything I store in them.

Even with twin 103's, the bike is underpowered.

Review Date: 27th September, 2013