Honda CB650 Review

Most recent year of ownership2010
Distance when acquired25000 kilometres
Most recent distance30000 kilometres
Previous motorcycleBMW R 80

Summary:

Fun to cruise on

I bought my first Honda CB650Z last year (I am a Honda fan, I've had 4 different type Honda's before this one). I feel in love. The sound is magic, it makes sitting at traffic light fun!! If I have one complaint it's that her acceleration is slow.

The petrol use is good 18 or 19 Klm per Lt when traveling at less than 100 klm; above that it falls slowly, but is never bad. I did a trip of 950 klm at an average speed of 130 klm. The CB did 15 to the Lt.

I find it such fun, I have bought another one!! Until now there are no mechanical problems, just don't leave the petrol tape on. It's very quick to drown the engine. Cold starts take time, when cold you cannot rush her. I am 50 (so not young for a biker) and enjoy cruising a lot, but this bike is not built for racing.

General Comments:

I am 50 (so not young for a biker) and enjoy cruising a lot, but this bike is not built for racing. You find yourself thinking of her as a lady. The rev counter seems very fragile, but till now that seems to be the only problem.

Review Date: 13th February, 2010