1993 Honda GL1500 SE Gold Wing from United States of America

Summary:

Top of the line. Best one I have ever ridden!

Make sure you replace the grommets on the battery covers; they will blow off due to wearing after a couple of years. The covers cost $225.00 as opposed to spending $5 or $10 dollars now. I guess you would call them grommets. They hold the plate or so called dust covers on. Peace out.

Review Date: 24th November, 2008

1993 Honda GL1500 SE Gold Wing from Canada

Summary:

Trouble free, a joy to own and tour with

No problems ever with this motorcycle.

General Comments:

Very trouble free motorcycle. Has required no repairs, only tire changes, and regular service as required.

Review Date: 27th October, 2007

1992 Honda GL1500 SE Gold Wing from United States of America

Summary:

A true pleasure to drive and own

None.

General Comments:

The large torque range makes this the perfect touring machine.

Quiet, quick & impressive engine response.

The suspension is smoother than your couch on wheels.

You wish the road would never end.

Review Date: 28th March, 2006

1989 Honda GL1500 SE Gold Wing from United States of America

Summary:

It is an extremely well built bike that rides like a dream, even on all day runs

Kill switch failed at 120,000 miles.

General Comments:

This bike pulls like a freight train.

Has more power than most small cars.

A very reliable bike that can be driven anywhere.

Loads of trunk and saddle bag room.

Built in stereo and intercom can't be beat.

Has all the options of a luxury automobile.

Review Date: 25th January, 2006

1990 Honda GL1500 SE Gold Wing from Canada

Summary:

The best tourer on the road..

I have had a few light bulbs that have needed replacing.

Other than the normal recommended servicing requirements, I haven't had to spend a dime. It's been 100% perfect.

General Comments:

If you're looking for a reliable, smooth, powerful and comfortable bike, look no further than the GL1500.

It's a little hard to handle in parking lots until you get used to it, but out on the highway there's nothing that comes close to these machines. Great weather protection, a fantastic seat, good sound system, and no matter how you ride, you'll always know that the Gold Wing will get you home again.

I can't say enough good things about these bikes. Buy one, you'll be glad you did.

Review Date: 15th March, 2005

15th Jun 2005, 07:07

Most people only notice two things on the road.

A Rolls-Royce and a Goldwing!!!

17th Nov 2005, 17:35

I was a little crazy when I bought my 88, the first year of the 1500. I was used to sport bikes, my last bike being a Kawi Concourse, but for an 810 pound dry weight bike, I was able to sling it through corners I wouldn't have believed a bike this big would take. I always told friends, rides like a Caddy and handles like a Ferrari.

Killer fuel economy, 28+mpg, driving it very hard, and when it fell over from hot asphalt melting at a friend's house, I never could find a scratch. I don't know how that is, but I crawled underneath and had friends look underneath, and we never found a darn scratch. I'm looking for another one.

20th Dec 2005, 12:17

I've owned two 1500s...a 1988 and the one I have now, a 1999. Great machines! I found the fit and finish on the 88 a little better than the 99. Never have had any problems beyond normal wear and tear. Now, if I could only talk my wife into stepping up to an 1800...

7th Mar 2008, 13:46

Extremely reliable and comfortable.

25th Oct 2008, 14:16

For its intended purpose of covering huge distances in comfort, it accomplishes its objective with 10 out of 10. It is heavy and I don't particularly enjoy it in heavy traffic but then heavy traffic was never its intended domain.

It is a fine and beautifully finished bike that remains the envy of many and has few peers, and will serve careful owners many thousands of kilometers of hassle free biking.

If you are thinking of getting a 1500 Wing, then your thinking is good. Go ahead and "just do it"

28th Dec 2010, 21:46

I would say, get the Honda Goldwing for the long highways rides, and get the Honda Elite for the heavy traffic... can't go wrong!