Honda VT1100C2 Shadow ACE Review

Model year1996
Year of manufacture1996
First year of ownership2007
Most recent year of ownership2008

Summary:

A classic design and bulletproof performance

Only age related issues... have had to replace the tires, even though low mileage due to rubber age hardening. This was expected, however, and noted at the dealership where I purchased it.

General Comments:

This is the first motorcycle I have owned, but not the first that I have ridden. Was hard getting used to a "big" bike (573lb dry weight is the biggest I have ever ridden), and the idea that you can't just "toss" this bike around.

However, once I got used to the feel of this bike, it rides like a dream. For 11 years old, the shocks and springs feel fresh, turning with the new rubber is a dream, and it runs like a scared rabbit. Stock pipes give it a nice growl that isn't so loud it wakes the neighbors in the morning when I go to work.

The only thing I wish it had was some kind of low fuel warning light or a gauge... everything else is perfect. Very low tech bike, no fuel injection or expensive computers to replace for ignition, ABS and such.

Review Date: 27th June, 2008

29th Oct 2008, 17:57

I also have a 1996 American Classic. I love my motorcycle so much. If my motor ever goes, I will replace the motor with one with less miles. I have been to Kentucky and South Carolina on my motorcycle. Good smooth ride. I have 60,000 miles on it and little problems. Normal maintenance.

Average review marks: 8.0 / 10, based on 1 review