Kawasaki AR125-B2 Reviews

Year of manufacture1991
First year of ownership1991
Most recent year of ownership1993
Previous motorcycleHonda CG125BR

Summary:

A perfect 125 to get you into motorcycling

General Comments:

I have owned 2 AR125's, and thoroughly enjoyed my time with both.

I found them to be fast, economical and very reliable, traveling for hours at a time.

The handling was not quite up to Rg's or Tzr's, but the reliability and low maintenance costs made up for this.

I can remember losing in a race to a heavily tuned Tzr125. The owner then pulled over for a chat and we had a go on each others bikes. He was impressed with the power of my Ar, especially mid range. I was not impressed with the Tzr as it needed to be revved to hell to even get it to pull off. It had absolutely no bottom or mid range power, drank fuel, and as the owner told me, was regularly in the garage for repairs.

I also owned a Honda Ns125f, which was attractive and handled well. Problem was, restricted it was pitifully slow, and de-restricted it drank more fuel in a couple of days than my ar did in a week. That's why I bought a 2nd Ar.

Review Date: 2nd August, 2007

Most recent year of ownership2005
Distance when acquired19000 miles
Most recent distance22000 miles
Previous motorcycleGilera DNA 50

Summary:

All in all, they are OK, but nothing compared to todays 125s

Well, there are plenty of things that have gone wrong with my AR125.

I have been through 3 sets of barrel and pistons.

I have to strip the carburetor at least once a month.

The fuel tap never stops leaking.

General Comments:

The bike AR125 is an OK bike, however I have bought a dud, but when it isn't being brought home in a van, it is OK.

The acceleration is good for a little 125, especially when it hits about 8000rpm and it really picks up, even more now I have fitted a chrome micron race pipe. I can't really fault ARs in general, it is just mine.

The handling is pretty bad and everything flexes when you hit a bend, especially under braking, it feels like the forks are going to snap.

But for a 20 year old bike, I can't complain.

Review Date: 17th February, 2005

3rd Mar 2005, 05:56

I have an AR125 B2 motorcycle. It is fantastic fun.

The comfort I find is a bit hard to live with, but I have had no worries with it mechanically. It was rebuilt 4 years ago when I first bought the bike and I installed a Nikkon exhaust, changed the reed valve to a 100, and have dished out very little money on the bike since then. It has been standing for several months in snow frost etc, and second kick she fired up.

This is the third bike in my collection of a Triumph Speed Triple and a Bandit 600. The "screamer" has been an amazing bike and provides great fun for me and the wife, who is taking her test on it on Friday. I find generally that if you do not take it past 7k on the revs, the bike will go forever. It should hold at 65 - 70 all day.

Rob.