Suzuki GSF650 Bandit Reviews

Year of manufacture2008
First year of ownership2008
Most recent year of ownership2008
Previous motorcycleYamaha XVS650 DragStar

Summary:

Great value - fun bike

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

The engine feels powerful and the throttle response is very good.

The bike is quick and easy to handle on the open road, and in city traffic.

The handle bars and plastic grips are a bit hard, if you are used to cruisers I would suggest good gloves or your palms will hurt.

I had to get used to putting my feet up under me instead of out in front.

The seating position is comfortable, but the seat is hard and unforgiving on bumps in the road.

The price was a bargain for a bike with the equipment this one has.

I really enjoy riding it, but after riding cruisers it takes a bit of getting used to.

Review Date: 3rd December, 2008

2006 Suzuki GSF650 Bandit from Belgium

Year of manufacture2006
First year of ownership2006
Most recent year of ownership2007
Distance when acquired0 kilometres
Most recent distance7500 kilometres
Previous motorcycleSuzuki GS500E

Summary:

It's a great price for a great bike

Nothing.

General Comments:

I've had 7 different bikes only this year, and this bike is my favourite!

It's got a nice acceleration (78hp), and its top-speed ain't that bad either (220km/h with a sports exhaust). But when you drive over 200km/h, the bike will become a little unstable.

You can easily drive 4 hours non-stop without any cramps! And with only +/- 5:100km usage.

Because of the bike's sportive design, great quality and cheap price, this bike is unbeatable!

So if you want a good looking bike for a nice price, I strongly advise you to buy a Suzuki GSF Bandit 650.

Review Date: 26th May, 2007

Most recent year of ownership2006
Distance when acquired0 kilometres
Most recent distance2000 kilometres
Previous motorcycleYamaha YZF-R6

Summary:

Average at best, but unbeatable price

Brand new motorcycle bought 1 month ago. Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

Purchased motorcycle new from dealer. Good service and cheap price (special offers) of 5100 EURO including taxes and inmatriculation (registration). That was the MAIN reason for selecting this bike.

Acceleration is decent, OK for commuting and OK for highway, but, A.) has serious throttle lag B.) "broad range" (manufacturer) torque means medium power in the 4000-7000 range and breathability issues beyond 8000rpm. Nothing exciting in the power area.

Brakes are weak. Previous bike was an R6 and you could lift the rear tire (without trying) by squeezing hard on the brakes. No comparison here - even after several adjustments braking comes in late, bites soft. A lot of this might also be due to the high weight of the bike (209kg) and the heavy wheels.

Handling is soft too. Hard to point it early and keep it in line in corners, rear end suspension begins to float out, stock tires have poor grip. Then again, my last bike was an R6, so maybe my expectations are all wrong.

Comfort is OK. I just completed a 1000km trip on it. Up to 4 hours a day will be OK without cramping, wrist pains. Certainly felt a LOT more comfortable cruising on a BMW 1200GS for 7 hours than on this for 4 hours.

I read several articles on vibration BEFORE I bought it. I now have to agree with them all... you can easily feel it in the tank and in the handlebars.

I am thinking of selling it already. But for 5000 Euro NEW ON THE ROAD price I still don't know if it can be beaten.

Review Date: 29th July, 2006

13th Jun 2007, 01:17

Concerning the vibrations, I agree. I only had experience with the now (very) old GS750, not the Bandit 600 before I got my 650, and I must say that the old GS750 was much more comfortable, nearly no vibrations compared to the 650.

But the steering - the 650 is great!

Anders.