1991 Suzuki GSX1100G from United States of America

Summary:

The 1991 GSX 1100 G is a wolf in sheep's clothing

Nothing has gone wrong with my GSX 1100 G, although I am the 2nd owner; a very good friend of mine was the 1st, and in the entire 13,600 miles, the only things that have been done to the bike, besides washing it, were 100% maintenance oriented i.e. oil change, filter change, brakes, & tires.

General Comments:

The GSX 1100 G is a very fast & "user friendly" motorcycle, although I have heard that others did not find the comfort I do over long rides. I have not found this to be an issue in the least.

I have found that it is just as comfortable doing 35mph in the city, as it is doing 80 mph on the highway, and besides stops to refill the tank, needed no break. It is a true touring bike, and begs to be opened up and allowed to roam.

Review Date: 2nd November, 2012

30th Jun 2013, 02:13

The GSX1100G is a bike that most riders "missed". They are a top all-rounder; great to ride to work or across the country. They can do it all!!!

1991 Suzuki GSX1100G from United States of America

Summary:

It is the most versatile street machine to own, period!

The question is confusing. The motorcycle I now own or my previous motorcycle? The previous bike would be easy. Divorce!!! Besides that my '74 ironhead Sporty has been extremely reliable!!! Have witnesses!!! LOL!

If it's about the new one, than I've not owned it long enough to see any problems. It's a 19 yo bike, and the previous owner kept it mint. I've just ridden it 2 days!!! But then again, I may be biased. I've been a sucker for Suzuki's GS line. I've owned about 6 or 7 of them before.

General Comments:

I just picked it up last Saturday! I've had several GS models from Suzuki! And for my age and the age of the bike, I think we may make a great match!

The bike has plenty of handling capability with an able rider on it. You push the bike hard, and it will respond, it needs to be taken control of. On the other hand, in inexperienced hands, it may pose a threat.

Review Date: 25th August, 2010

1991 Suzuki GSX1100G from United States of America

Summary:

I love it!

It has had the seat redone, and was in need of spark plugs. Other than that, the bike is in great shape.

General Comments:

This is a rather fast bike and not really a beginner bike at all. It took me a few days of just going around the block to get used to it.

I know that there are bikes on the street that will beat it, but 0-60 in 3 seconds and 0-100 in 7 is no joke. It feels a bit heavy through the corners at first to. But after a little time, I got used to it. Now I really enjoy the bike and wish it had more power. The bad news is that finding parts to upgrade it are hard to find, as many people would not like to do so.

I give this bike a 8.5 out of ten.. If you get one and can handle it, you won't want to ride anything else. :)

Review Date: 30th July, 2010

1991 Suzuki GSX1100G from United States of America

Summary:

Comfy as a couch, pulls your arms out of their sockets if you're not careful

I had to clean the carbs this year (2010), as the idle circuit had finally clogged on one of the cylinders, affecting idle and just off-idle performance. This thing runs like new again now.

The choke cable broke recently, and I had to replace the beautiful chrome knob with a black rubber one from another Suzuki model - reducing the chrome quotient by 3%.

Center stand bent with use, but was under recall back in '94 when I had mine replaced for free.

General Comments:

This is the best retro-looking UJM out there. Nothing else has the complete package: disc brakes everywhere, shaft drive, standard riding position, torque coming out its ears, air cooling with the looks that entails. If anyone anywhere made another bike like it, I'd buy it. But no one has.

Review Date: 12th May, 2010