Suzuki RM80 Reviews

Year of manufacture1998
First year of ownership2002
Most recent year of ownership2003
Previous motorcycleE-Ton Thunder 90cc ATV

Summary:

A two stroke terror!!!

Nothing. It's a two stroke, and just like any bike, you keep up on general maintenance, it's gonna treat ya good.

General Comments:

Absolutely loved my old RM. I was in middle school when I picked it up. It had more power than I could ever ask for. Equipped with practically every bolt on, bored out, full FMF Race Pipe & Exhaust system, K&N air filter, ONE graphics kit, EXCEL gold rims, and a ton of other stuff I can't remember.

I babied the hell out of it; mostly cruised around my woods trails and hit up a few track days at my local circuit. I wish I would have raced it in a Novice class; all of my friends claim I had one of the fastest 80's they've ever ridden on. When I first grabbed it, being an idiot I took it down my empty street and just 5th geared it; I kid you not, I was hanging on for dear life. For a little pint-size 80, this thing ripped.

Eventually I moved on. I live in New England so I missed having something to rip on in the snow (came from a 90cc quad). I sold it literally in days from my posting in the classifieds section to a chubby kid who didn't look like he'd ever slung a leg over anything two-wheeled. I wish I held onto it a bit longer but you have to remember, it was only an 80. I sold it my freshmen year of H.S., when most of my friends were either aboard 125's/250's or quads.

I've been out of the dirtbike/quad scene for years; being a poor college student sucks and if I wasn't so interested in cars, I'd have something right now in my garage.

Review Date: 25th November, 2008

1997 Suzuki RM80 from United States of America

Model year1997
Year of manufacture1997
First year of ownership2001
Most recent year of ownership2005
Previous motorcycleSuzuki TS 125

Summary:

Bike was 7 years old and won the championship

2 pistons.

General Comments:

We raced it for about 3 years. To have it only blow up twice since new is about unheard of.

This little bike is so fast, yet today I want to find a child to keep racing it. I've known the bike & the 2 owners since new.

It took home the 80cc championship in 2004. Racing next to new bikes & still winning. That's a great statement for the Suzuki 1997 RM 80.

Review Date: 28th December, 2005

16th May 2006, 19:34

I just got one for my birthday. I like it because it is fast.

I am 12 years old. It may be old, but it will get you from place to place fast! If you're a beginner like me, it's a bike for you.