2000 Suzuki SV650 Review

Year of manufacture2000
First year of ownership2008
Most recent year of ownership2009
Previous motorcycleSuzuki sv650

Summary:

Great starter bike, very quick, street-fighter!!

Carbs needed to be cleaned. Friend towed the bike and cleaned the carbs for me for $80 after I dropped the bike.

Chain snapped off, (my fault). The bolts are extremely tight, I stripped 2 bolts trying to get them off. The oil bolt and chain adjuster bolt. As a result I can't adjust my chain fully. It has a lot of slack. I don't know if that's manufacturer error or if it was the previous owner who overtightened them..

I sometimes have difficulty getting the bike into neutral when the bike is idling, and it takes a bit of time to warm it up.

General Comments:

Other than the problems I had with the bike. It is a great starter bike. It's very quick, its not fast though, but its quick. I've only gotten the bike to 113mph, but the top speed is only like 127mph (not that you need to go that fast). I get this bike to 60 in 5-6 seconds. While maintaining great MPG. I get about 48-52 MPG. But you can get even greater mileage if you drive slow. (60+mpg)

I love the way it looks too, the Street-Fighter look is awesome. I hate the fact that I don't have a windscreen though, and the windscreen that is designed for this bike looks really dumb.

I don't stunt (If I get any air, my chain will come off the sprockets.. dangerous) but if I did I think this would be a great stunt bike, it just looks like it's built for it.

Review Date: 9th May, 2009