2004 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder from New Zealand

Summary:

Very good value for money cruiser

I have only had this 1400 Intruder (I call it the Tokyo tractor) for a short time, but I really like the looks, the stump pulling grunt, and it gets good fuel mileage. The fuel tank could be bigger, as after 100 to 120 miles I am looking for gas.

In the time I have had the bike, nothing has gone wrong with it.

I find it a really comfortable bike to cruise on.

My wife thinks my Honda CBR1100 Blackbird is more comfortable to be a pillion passenger on. I will not be selling my Honda.

When I bought the bike it had a "Spitfire" windscreen, but there was so much noise coming off this that I soon binned the screen. The bike looks better without it as well.

General Comments:

The bike handles well for a cruiser.

Wind and big vehicles travelling in the opposite direction do not upset this bike much.

To sum up, I think it's a very good bike...

Review Date: 18th March, 2014

2004 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder from United States of America

Summary:

Good bike, lousy dealer and factory support

After sevice by the dealer, it developed an ocasional "ping", similar to what bad gas would do (I only use premium). After having it for a month, and admitting there was something wrong, the dealer said they couldn't fix it and to call customer service. Called them and they said I had to take it up with the dealer. Probably won' buy another Suzuki anytime soon. If anyone has an idea what might be wrong, please comment.

General Comments:

Good acceleration, excellent fuel mileage, fairly comfortable, fun to ride when it doesn't make noises it shouldn't.

Review Date: 4th December, 2005

8th Sep 2007, 00:28

I have a 2001 Intruder 1400 VS and I'm glad to know it isn't just me; mine started making a slight tapping sound too, once in a while. I just chalked it up to a big engine that probably should have been water cooled. I've put about 10,000 miles on it and the only thing I've had to replace is tires, battery and plugs; other than that I'm pretty happy with it.