2002 Triumph TT600 from Australia

Summary:

First class classic, getting rare to find, 100%

Nothing, a bit of rust in the tank from 15 years with a bit of condensation entering; this rusted a pump connector.

General Comments:

As sweet as apple pie, most riders only ever use about 50hp from the engine and that is pretty quick, few use max power. The TT600 rates 100 genuine ponies with only 170kg at 11,000 RPM so it's a top performer and can run easily with the 1000cc pack.

Unless you are an all out perfectionist, the TT600 is a top bike.

Reliable, easy to service, looks good, great classic, smooth, comfortable, fast and sure footed, the bike can out ride you. I never question its ability, just lean in a corner more and the brakes are dynamite. Never had a fuel problem, starts first hit of the button; like all FI engines they need good fuel pump pressure to start.

What more would you ever want?

Review Date: 25th August, 2016

2001 Triumph TT600 from United States of America

Summary:

I would ride any distance on it

Magnetic pickup for speedometer has gone out 2 times. Poor design done different on later models of Triumphs.

Clutch cable broke at 30k. Was easy to replace.

Replaced brake pads around 30k.

General Comments:

40,000 miles and the only maintenance I do is oil changes. It has only been in the shop for tire changes. I have been able to repair everything that has gone wrong, and I do not consider myself a mechanic.

There is nothing bad that I can say about this bike.

Review Date: 13th August, 2008

2001 Triumph TT600 from United States of America

Summary:

Great price, if you can find one; a quality bike with bad original reviews

Had to replace what I believe to be original spark plugs because it would take about 20 seconds to start. Replacing the plugs, which cost 8.50 a piece, made the bike run a little smoother, and start instantly.

General Comments:

Very comfortable; my friend's 99 GSXR600 kills me to ride it.

Really has some power once above 10k rpms, and I really love to bounce the engine off the rev limiter at 14,500rpm in first and second gear. Second gear goes up to around 83mph, 3rd gear to about 115mph. Handles well, brakes well.

Below 4000 rpm, the bike can be a little jumpy even though the computer has been re-flashed to the most current fuel map.

The headlight is a bit dated, making the rest of the bike look old.

I have raced my friend's 99 GSXR600 a couple of times, and we are always neck and neck. I would definitely take the TT over the GSXR any day though.

Review Date: 14th October, 2007

2001 Triumph TT600 from United Kingdom

Summary:

A great little bike, unfairly ignored

Nothing of any significance - only a dodgy connection in one of the rear light bulbs.

General Comments:

A very underrated motorcycle - not the prettiest nor the quickest, but as an all-round 600 which handles superbly (and is available very cheaply), there's not much to beat it.

I'm 6'3" and find it surprisingly comfortable too; 400 mile days pose no problem.

Review Date: 17th July, 2005