2004 Yamaha FZ1 from United States of America

Summary:

Fantastic sport-tour bike...

Except for maintenance items, this bike has been flawless and runs great. I only give it a "9" on most of the specs, as I also have a newer Yamaha R-1!

The FZ1 for sure, is my bike of choice when I go on trips.

Review Date: 13th March, 2013

2004 Yamaha FZ1 from United States of America

Summary:

I love it

Absolutely nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

This is my 8th motorcycle in 30 years, and by far the most pleasing and comfortable. At first it seemed too powerful, but I adjusted quickly and love it. It is extremely quick and I have hit 150 mph, at sea level, on the speedometer, and it felt very stable and confidence inspiring. This motorcycle is so intuitive it becomes a part of you. I get 44 - 48 mpg normal riding and 50 mpg on a long ride. The valves were checked at 31,000 miles and did not require adjustment, and I have never even sync d the carbs.

I feel the need to put lower foot pegs on it for more leg room. I am 6' and wear 32" inseams.

I installed a Laminar Lip over the stock windshield, and it makes a wonderful difference; absolutely no buffeting.

Review Date: 25th May, 2012

2004 Yamaha FZ1 from United States of America

Summary:

Awesome! Owners report 100K + life in these motors!

Nothing!

General Comments:

O.K., here we are 5 years and 27,000 miles later, and now for the REAL truth! WOW, still! Yes, I am still in love with this awesome machine. More into the Sport and Sport Touring now.

I have several long distance trips, 2200, 1700, and even an 1100 miler with the wife.

I have replaced tires twice, soon to get the third set. The drive chain once (20K). Iridium Spark Plugs. Best MPG is 50.3 and worst is 44.1, riding two-up with 60 lbs of baggage and gear, at 70-75 mph.

Of course regular service and 3-4k oil changes (synthetic) and air filter cleaning (K&N). At 24K valve check (all 20) no adjustment needed :)

Original brake pads still on (F&R).

Nothing has ever gone wrong or needed repairs! Without a doubt the most reliable bike I have ever owned! :)

Still a hoot to ride in the twisties, it does anything you ask of it and delivers all and more and with flair and plenty of power to spare! It adapts to any style of ride and road conditions. WOW!

Review Date: 10th November, 2009

21st Jan 2011, 01:59

Sounds good so far.

2004 Yamaha FZ1 from United States of America

Summary:

The FZ1 is fast, fun, and gives the joy of road like no other bike

Nothing has gone wrong, it is a perfectly reliable bike.

I think it very well made bike, with good compomises in engineering, to make it reliable and fun.

General Comments:

I have owned many bikes bike from many manufacturers, but the FZ1 is the best bike I have ever had.

It handles very well, it is very fast, and very comfortable.

I very much like the flexibility it has.

Most of all, it makes me feel at one with it. I have owned Suzukis, Nortons, Ducatis, and BSAs. This is the best, yet.

Review Date: 3rd June, 2005