2006 Yamaha V-Star Classic 650 Review

Most recent year of ownership2008
Distance when acquired3 kilometres
Most recent distance140 kilometres
Previous motorcycleYamaha Virago 250

Summary:

A great motorbike to ride, and a head-turner to boot

I've only had the bike out for 3 or 4 short trips, due to the winter... But everything is running fine, so far.

General Comments:

I'm totally thrilled with the bike. My previous one was a Virago 250, but I sure like the acceleration of this one (in comparison). Also, it's nicer to feel that heavier weight beneath me. ...This seems to add more stability to the bike.

...Oh.. And it sure is nice to get away from that damn chain that I seemed to be continually oiling and adjusting on my 250.

I would have liked to see a gas gauge on this bike, as being new to this particular model, I'm not quite used to the amount of fuel used, vs. distance travelled...But I'm sure I'll have this figured out shortly.

I added a Lin bar and saddlebags. Definitely a sharp looking bike...And as others have commented, it looks a lot bigger than what it actually is.

My insurance has jumped a hundred bucks for 6 months, and I don't bother with any collision or comprehensive, but considering I'm on my own, it's still only a fifth the cost of what I have to pay for my Toyota truck...And then there's the savings in gas too.

As soon as the weather warms up, I'm sure it'll be my prime means of transportation for the rest of the summer.

Review Date: 11th April, 2008