2006 Yamaha Zuma from Canada

Fun, reliable, and good on gas, what more do you want?

Clutch pivot rivet broke recently at 31,900km, welded what was left and it's like new again.

Otherwise nothing in 3 years, but by-the-book maintenance every 3000km!!

General Comments:

- I bought the Zuma or BWs as it's called in Canada, brand new in July of 2006, the dealer I dealt with has closed its doors unfortunately, but luckily a new one opened near me, so I can get parts. (No dealer ever touched this bike except for initial assembly, which they still managed to screw up)

- I've been through more brake pads than I care to count (probably around 9 sets at $25-$30 a pop). Still on the original rotor though.

- Engine and carb have never been opened till this day.

- Recently put new tires at 30,000km.

- CVT tranny has been overhauled at 24,000km, and again at 29,000km, because of a prematurely worn belt.

- Muffler has to be painted every once in a while as it likes to rust.

- Very easy to work on, very minimal maintenance, and very simple machine. Three recipes for reliability.

- Performance is alright for a 50cc 2 stroke engine, compared to some other 50's I’ve tried, if you don't want to have a top speed of 65-70km/h then get yourself a motorcycle (modifying these things IMO is a waste of $$$)

- Handling is great, very light and agile perfect for busy city streets.

- Fuel economy is okay, I average a real world of 77.7 MPG (US) over 110 fuel ups!!

- I've taken this little scoot on some good trips, (Toronto to Detroit and back in one day) (Toronto to Ottawa twice) what I gathered from these trips is this the seat is absolute garbage, but then again I’m sure this thing isn’t made for these types of journey's.

- Lots of storage space with the Givi top box.

- Not much else to say, but this is one of the best buys I’ve ever made!!

Review Date: 27th October, 2009

25th Jul 2014, 21:09

Thank you for your interesting review, those are long trips on a scooter (wow).

I just purchased a second hand 2006 Zuma (BWS) with under 2 thousand km on it. I have to say I also think this is one of the best buys I've made. It's not like my 2300cc Triumph, but honestly it's just as much fun for a lot less money.

2005 Yamaha Zuma from United States of America

The best 50cc going

This bike has been flawless. No problems yet, despite riding it through the cold New England winter.

General Comments:

For a 50cc bike, the pickup is great and the top end of 43 mph is just fine.

It handles well. The brakes are solid, and, in fact, the entire bike has a well-built, solid feel to it.

Review Date: 31st July, 2006