2012 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUTG Tri Glide Ultra Classic Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2012 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUTG Tri Glide Ultra Classic from United States of America

Year of manufacture2011
Previous motorcycleHarley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Summary:

Quite pleased, no regrets yet

Won't start if it stalls, until you reset the ignition switch.

General Comments:

Handles the curves pretty good, but the rear suspension doesn't handle bumps very well.

Review Date: 26th September, 2012

Year of manufacture2011
First year of ownership2011
Previous motorcycleHarley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Summary:

I could not be more pleased, I love it!

Have had to have the clutch adjusted.

Park brake doesn't hold all the time.

General Comments:

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my trike! I LOVE IT... I LOVE IT... I LOVE IT!!!

Review Date: 24th September, 2012

Year of manufacture2012
Previous motorcycleHarley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Summary:

Like it overall, but room for improvement

Brakes have squealed like a school bus from the day I picked it up... Harley tells me they have no fix, and charged me 86.00 dollars for a brake inspection to tell me this... E-brake needed adjusting at 3000 miles, and wasn't working any more.

Pings... spark knocks on acceleration... use only recommended 93 octane fuel.

Excessive heat from exhaust burns my legs at a stop light or at times the bike is not in motion. Even when using highway pegs.

Very comfortable seat for myself and the wife (and I'm a big guy... 6'3" 325lbs).

Review Date: 24th September, 2012

Year of manufacture2012
Previous motorcycleHarley-Davidson FLHX Street Glide

Summary:

Average at best

The heat issue is most disappointing, and for a mere $1200 it can be fixed... This should have been a Harley issue and not the ultimate customer.

Harley has a terrific marketing department, but the product is only average.

Review Date: 21st September, 2012

29th Sep 2013, 16:29

Harley Davidson Tri Glide.

I love the bike, but there is a big time problem with the bike overheating. When I first bought the bike, I had about 600 miles on it, and I broke down 50 miles from home, because I was riding along at about 65, and it started knocking from the engine. So I pulled it over, shut it down and called the Harley shop, and they came and towed it to the shop, and they said they had a lot of complaints about the over heating, but did nothing.

Then in about another 60 miles, the transmission started knocking. Then comes a bulletin saying there is a neutral knock; when you have the bike heated up and put it in neutral, it knocks bad. They did nothing again; they said if it blows up, it's covered by the warranty.

Then I'm at the 5,000 checkup, and between new and 5,000 miles, they have had to replace the voltage regulator 3 times. I just pray that what happened to my buddy that has the same bike, doesn't happen to me; he was broke down about 100 miles from the dealership, and his regulator went out, and before he was thru, it cost him $2,000.00 for the tow truck and all the other things like motels and eats. They do pay for some of that, but it's 2 months later and there's no money in his pocket yet.

I'm beginning to start doing some big time worrying myself. I mean can I trust this not to break down on me when least expected. It really worries me big time. I sure wouldn't trust it to drive it to Sturgis from where I live.

Just keep what I'm telling you in mind. I still love my bike, but what's up Harley Davidson?

Sincerely, Frank