2017 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

It's a beautiful bike and I'm always ready to ride

I have only had a couple of things that I've had to deal with. First was my reverse and the second was the clutch, but overall I love her.

General Comments:

I love my 2017 Freewheel. It's a smooth ride and I'm so glad I saw her on the showroom floor. It wasn't the bike that sold me, it was the color of the bike. It's the comfort of the bike that keeps me on her. I can count on a smooth easy ride every time I get on her.

Review Date: 17th January, 2018

2015 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

I am pretty well satisfied with the Freewheeler

Failed reverse motor and factory paint started falling off the right rear fender.

General Comments:

For a trike I am well satisfied.

Review Date: 17th January, 2018

2017 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Best ride ever!

Hose came loose on the oil cooler.

General Comments:

Great bike. No complaints.

The 107 motor has all the power you need. Great acceleration.

Comfortable to ride.

Handles good.

Plenty of storage space in trunk.

Review Date: 15th January, 2018

2017 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Fantastic

General Comments:

Due to medical problems, my riding has been very limited the last 2 years.

I'm from St. Louis, MO & went to California to visit my son.

After he was done working a concert July 1, 2017, me, him & two of his friends were going on a 1,000 mile 3 day cruise up the middle of CA & back down the PCH.

I was going to rent a Harley trike, but after seeing the 2017 HD Freewheeler with the new 107 cu. in. Milwaukee 8 engine, I fell in love & bought it. I had the dealer install the HD 20" windshield, the HD trunk rack & highway pegs.

All I can say is wow! I rode around southern CA for a day getting used to a trike after over 50 years of motorcycle riding, & after a small learning curve, I was good.

I had to take it easy the 1st. 500 miles & I followed HD's break-in recommendations & the trike with the new 107 rewarded me with flawless performance. Riding the PCH was on my bucket list & it was fantastic. We all had Harleys & rode 1,050 miles in 3 days, having a great time & no mechanical problems.

On July 5th, I took the trike back to the dealer for the 1,000 mile service & a few hours later, I was on the road to St. Louis(1,850 miles).

The trike with cruise control, reverse & a 6 gallon tank was ready for the trip & at the speed limit in 6th gear is barely working & returned a solid 40-42 MPG.

Overall, in 10 days, I put 3,100 miles on my new Freewheeler & it was perfect. It is made for the highway & born to cruise.

Review Date: 10th September, 2017

11th Sep 2017, 18:14

It sound like the trip of a lifetime on your new Harley. Congrats.

2016 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Highly recommend, so easy to ride and JB is wonderful

Nothing so far and I pray it can stay that way. I realize things can happen and will cross that bridge when something does.

General Comments:

I have never owned a motorcycle before and I absolutely love my Freewheeler. I named it JB which stands for Jesus Bike. The two wheelers are too heavy for me and it just makes me enjoy my trike even more.

Review Date: 22nd November, 2016

2015 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Awesome

Reverse motor went out.

General Comments:

Very stable. Rides smooth except on bad country roads. Has a lot of speed. Very comfortable to ride long distance.

Reverse is great if you're in a tight spot.

Gas mileage isn't too bad I guess (was used to a Sportster). I am a small build and I have no trouble handling it.

Love the trunk size; can fit a lot of stuff in there. I really love the Freewheeler.

Review Date: 20th November, 2016

2015 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Worst Harley I have ever owned; have owned quite a few in my life

General Comments:

Clutch handle has no adjustments and is hard for women; had to bend the handle so she could use it.

Ride is terrible (worst I have ever rode, steering was bad, handle bars). Had to put air ride on the rear and an after market loaded damper on the front. If I could have taken it back I would have!

I bought this bike for my wife. I knew a few men that bought and got rid of them, for the reasons I mentioned. After I put all the stuff on it, she said it was better, still a rough rider. I have been riding since the 50s. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have bought it for her.

Review Date: 19th November, 2016

20th Nov 2016, 15:45

My other complaint about my 2015 Freewheeler. Had the dealer install Harley LED taillights. They filled up with water when she got caught in rain a few times. Messed up the LEDs. Harley didn't believe it. Dealer took pictures, Harley finally said to replace them.

23rd Dec 2017, 03:33

I had the same problem. Two sets! The third one sealed. HD warranted them.