2015 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

TERRIBLE TO RIDE due to heat and rear suspension buck board ride

The bike is terrible to ride compared to the previous 15 Harleys I have owned. Two major design problems.

1. The heat coming off the right side makes the trike impossible to ride. Your leg becomes so hot at a traffic light you have to take your foot off the brake and place it far out to the side. I installed the seat deflectors, but the heat is terrible. The heat is radiating horizontally off the front jug and heater pipe, so that stopping is impossible. At speed it is far less of a problem. This is a design issue they should have solved before selling the bike.

2. The ride is terrible due to the solid axle on the rear. If you hit a bump with either tire, the bike will rock back and forth. Hold on, it is a bumpy ride. For the money Harley should have installed independent rear suspension; coil over shock half shaft suspension.

Knowing what I know today and because of health reasons, I would have found a set of training wheels for my FXSTC.

General Comments:

See above - 2 major design issues that were both preventable through engineering design.

19th Aug 2019, 03:38

The Freewheeler is a good bike, once it’s broken in. Own a 2016 and have never had a problem. 17,000 miles on it. Bumpy ride. Depends on the road.

20th Sep 2019, 03:18

The Freewheeler is no different than any bike I have ridden. You get some heat in hot weather. Never stopped me from riding coast to coast last year in July. I do have the typical heat deflectors above the cylinder. Been riding bikes since 1958. Honda, BMW, Yamaha, Indian, Velosolex, BSA, Victory, HD. Most all motorcycles will heat your legs in hot summers. YOU'RE SITTING OVER THE CYLINDERS.

28th Oct 2019, 03:30

I like the Freewheeler, 2016. But the critical comments are correct.

Hard to believe in this day and age Harley Davidson is mechanically imperfect. I have owned Harleys since 1955 and now believe that the bikes will be bought out, have a slight name change and will sell again. Yes, bankruptcy is in the HOG's future. I hate to say it, but the Japanese bikes are 100% superior. My next and last bike will not be a Harley.

2018 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

I love it

I have had the voltage regulator replaced.

General Comments:

I love it. I went from a 2 wheeler to the Freewheeler. I think it still looks sporty and cool.

I am afraid of the reverse going out. I try not to use it much. I have heard the reverse motor is gonna fail, and is quite pricey to fix.

Overall I love the bike.

2019 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Very easy handling bike

None.

General Comments:

Wish it had better gas miles, but other than that, GREAT.

2017 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

It's a beautiful bike and I'm always ready to ride

I have only had a couple of things that I've had to deal with. First was my reverse and the second was the clutch, but overall I love her.

General Comments:

I love my 2017 Freewheel. It's a smooth ride and I'm so glad I saw her on the showroom floor. It wasn't the bike that sold me, it was the color of the bike. It's the comfort of the bike that keeps me on her. I can count on a smooth easy ride every time I get on her.

Review Date: 17th January, 2018

2015 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

I am pretty well satisfied with the Freewheeler

Failed reverse motor and factory paint started falling off the right rear fender.

General Comments:

For a trike I am well satisfied.

Review Date: 17th January, 2018

20th Jul 2019, 19:21

I had a 15 FRT. The 103 motor kept trying to burn my right leg and my wife's right leg. I now have a 17 FRT with the 109 motor; a much cooler running motor.

2017 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Best ride ever!

Hose came loose on the oil cooler.

General Comments:

Great bike. No complaints.

The 107 motor has all the power you need. Great acceleration.

Comfortable to ride.

Handles good.

Plenty of storage space in trunk.

Review Date: 15th January, 2018