2015 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

TERRIBLE TO RIDE due to heat and rear suspension buck board ride

The bike is terrible to ride compared to the previous 15 Harleys I have owned. Two major design problems.

1. The heat coming off the right side makes the trike impossible to ride. Your leg becomes so hot at a traffic light you have to take your foot off the brake and place it far out to the side. I installed the seat deflectors, but the heat is terrible. The heat is radiating horizontally off the front jug and heater pipe, so that stopping is impossible. At speed it is far less of a problem. This is a design issue they should have solved before selling the bike.

2. The ride is terrible due to the solid axle on the rear. If you hit a bump with either tire, the bike will rock back and forth. Hold on, it is a bumpy ride. For the money Harley should have installed independent rear suspension; coil over shock half shaft suspension.

Knowing what I know today and because of health reasons, I would have found a set of training wheels for my FXSTC.

General Comments:

See above - 2 major design issues that were both preventable through engineering design.

19th Aug 2019, 03:38

The Freewheeler is a good bike, once it’s broken in. Own a 2016 and have never had a problem. 17,000 miles on it. Bumpy ride. Depends on the road.

2018 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

I love it

I have had the voltage regulator replaced.

General Comments:

I love it. I went from a 2 wheeler to the Freewheeler. I think it still looks sporty and cool.

I am afraid of the reverse going out. I try not to use it much. I have heard the reverse motor is gonna fail, and is quite pricey to fix.

Overall I love the bike.

2019 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Very easy handling bike

None.

General Comments:

Wish it had better gas miles, but other than that, GREAT.

2017 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

It's a beautiful bike and I'm always ready to ride

I have only had a couple of things that I've had to deal with. First was my reverse and the second was the clutch, but overall I love her.

General Comments:

I love my 2017 Freewheel. It's a smooth ride and I'm so glad I saw her on the showroom floor. It wasn't the bike that sold me, it was the color of the bike. It's the comfort of the bike that keeps me on her. I can count on a smooth easy ride every time I get on her.

Review Date: 17th January, 2018

2015 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

I am pretty well satisfied with the Freewheeler

Failed reverse motor and factory paint started falling off the right rear fender.

General Comments:

For a trike I am well satisfied.

Review Date: 17th January, 2018

20th Jul 2019, 19:21

I had a 15 FRT. The 103 motor kept trying to burn my right leg and my wife's right leg. I now have a 17 FRT with the 109 motor; a much cooler running motor.

2017 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Best ride ever!

Hose came loose on the oil cooler.

General Comments:

Great bike. No complaints.

The 107 motor has all the power you need. Great acceleration.

Comfortable to ride.

Handles good.

Plenty of storage space in trunk.

Review Date: 15th January, 2018

2017 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler from United States of America

Summary:

Fantastic

General Comments:

Due to medical problems, my riding has been very limited the last 2 years.

I'm from St. Louis, MO & went to California to visit my son.

After he was done working a concert July 1, 2017, me, him & two of his friends were going on a 1,000 mile 3 day cruise up the middle of CA & back down the PCH.

I was going to rent a Harley trike, but after seeing the 2017 HD Freewheeler with the new 107 cu. in. Milwaukee 8 engine, I fell in love & bought it. I had the dealer install the HD 20" windshield, the HD trunk rack & highway pegs.

All I can say is wow! I rode around southern CA for a day getting used to a trike after over 50 years of motorcycle riding, & after a small learning curve, I was good.

I had to take it easy the 1st. 500 miles & I followed HD's break-in recommendations & the trike with the new 107 rewarded me with flawless performance. Riding the PCH was on my bucket list & it was fantastic. We all had Harleys & rode 1,050 miles in 3 days, having a great time & no mechanical problems.

On July 5th, I took the trike back to the dealer for the 1,000 mile service & a few hours later, I was on the road to St. Louis(1,850 miles).

The trike with cruise control, reverse & a 6 gallon tank was ready for the trip & at the speed limit in 6th gear is barely working & returned a solid 40-42 MPG.

Overall, in 10 days, I put 3,100 miles on my new Freewheeler & it was perfect. It is made for the highway & born to cruise.

Review Date: 10th September, 2017

11th Sep 2017, 18:14

It sound like the trip of a lifetime on your new Harley. Congrats.