Honda C70 Passport Reviews - Page 2 of 4

Year of manufacture1981
First year of ownership2008
Most recent distance2000 miles
Previous motorcycleHonda CR250

Summary:

The greatest motorcycle ever made!

Front luggage rack broke at the base screw.

Leg shield was cracked beyond repair.

General Comments:

I fell in love with these little Cubs on a recent trip to the DR. When I got home I looked everywhere till I found one semi-locally. When I picked it up it was in rough shape with a busted up leg shield and rusted out muffler. The leg shield had to be trashed and I replaced the muffler with a new aftermarket one.

I spent many fun hours detailing and going over the bike with a fine tooth comb. Underneath all that dirt was a pristine '81 Passport in Monza Red. I changed the oil, new plugs, new fuel lines and cleaned and flushed the tank. Put on a new carb and the bike starts on the first kick every time even without the choke. Replaced all the instrument lights and added a new front tire. Bike is in perfect working order, except the electric start doesn't work which doesn't bother me cause it starts up so easy with a quick kick.

Bike runs great and I've topped it out at 42 mph, but on that little bike you feel like you're going 90. I look for any excuse to ride it and it gets tons of looks where ever I go. A lot of people stop to ask me about it. These old Cubs are just proof that you don't need 1000cc to have fun on a bike.

Thank you Mr. Honda... it truly is the greatest motorcycle ever made.

Review Date: 6th January, 2009

1982 Honda C70 Passport from United States of America

Model year1982
Year of manufacture1982
First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership2008

Summary:

Probably the most successful motorcycle ever made!

Nothing. Have changed tires due to age and cracking, but just routine care is all that has been necessary.

Discovered the hard way that the battery acts as a voltage regulator for the headlight. Original headlights are over 75.00, but knock-offs from Malaysia can be had for under 20.00 delivered.

General Comments:

I looked that the "bike" very indignantly when my father bought it in 1982, but have gained a healthy respect for it since. He put 5,000 miles on it delivering meals-on-wheels to older citizens, and I have put another 5,000 on it since I had to give up larger bikes due to physical disability.

This thing just keeps running and running... starts immediately and is so easy to maintain. The fact that it gets over 100 mpg makes it quite attractive with current gas prices. I've turned down some nice offers to sell the bike -- it has sort of grown on me!

Parts are easy to come by online. I've replaced a muffler and a headlight and two tires in 8 years.

Review Date: 15th June, 2008

26th Aug 2009, 22:12

Being 67 years old and finding 1981 C70 with less than 2000 miles on it for $200.00, I feel like a kid in a candy store. Awesome little bike, still learning how it works, all the forum comments have helped greatly, thank you all.

Phil.

20th Jan 2010, 17:54

Need some advice on the blinkers on my 82 Passport. What is the check process? The bulbs are good, taillight works, brake light works, (foot applied/hand applied). Headlamp doesn't work. Any suggestions?

1982 Honda C70 Passport from United States of America