1983 Honda CB1100F Super Bol d`Or from Australia

Summary:

A superbly mannered and accomplished freight train

0, zilch, nit, nothing.

General Comments:

This bike is a prime example of how well the 80's superbikes were manufactured. My bike was stripped to the frame and restored, the motor rebuilt with a top end performance & carb kit. The bike is an absolute joy to ride and still very quick by today's standards.

The bike has custom paint (non standard) and a small "stone" bikini fairing has been added. It just looks stunning in black with heaps of polished alloy.

I cannot fault this bike in any area, even knowing it is 25 years old! Thank you Mr. Honda.

Review Date: 21st November, 2008

17th Jun 2010, 16:58

My experience exactly. Mine has done 80,000, and is strong, reliable, quick and easy starting. I also have an 81 model CB900F over 100,000, which is similarly strong and reliable. We all thank you Mr HONDA.

1985 Honda CB1100F Super Bol d`Or from Norway

Summary:

The Honda CB1100F was beautiful, very reliable and fast for its time

One of the rear shocks had to be replaced. That was the only fault during 13 000 kilometers.

General Comments:

The Honda CB1100F was by far the most reliable of the 5 bikes I have had. Therefore the running costs were low compared too many other big bikes.

Review Date: 19th March, 2005

4th Mar 2007, 20:20

I had a CB1100F from 1983 till 1991 and I put 31000 freeway miles in California on it. I had more fun on that bike --- it would do 0-150-0 mph in 30 seconds. Did this many times. Also got 35 mpg.

14th Oct 2013, 16:07

I am the owner that wrote the "Norwegian" review above. I unfortunately sold my CB 1100 F in 1989, and really started to miss it some years ago. So, I ended up buying another CB 1100 F (produced in '83) in April this year. I still find it a surprisingly quick and also beautiful bike.

Maybe one always will prefer the bikes from one's youth, just like with the music...