Honda CB900F Hornet Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2006 Honda CB900F Hornet from United Kingdom

First year of ownership2006
Most recent year of ownership2007
Previous motorcycleHonda CBR600FY

Summary:

Next best thing to an aeroplane

Rust!!!

General Comments:

A nice looking bike that drives beautifully and handles OK.

However my main gripe is that even though I've only ridden this once in wet weather, the brown stuff is starting to appear after only 8 months of ownership from new. The bike is garaged always, but I am bloody annoyed that I am now chasing rust like I used to do on machines 10 years and older. This says something about the finish to me.

I purchased a new Honda because everyone seems to applaud their build quality over other makes. But I have to disagree, as with everything now, things are built to a price and this Hornet is losing credibility with me just on this one fault.

Review Date: 9th March, 2007

24th Nov 2010, 20:26

Maybe you have it in a damp environment. Or are you storing it near chemicals. Some chemicals just by being near things can cause a problem such as yours. Chlorine is one example.

2006 Honda CB900F Hornet from Australia

Model year2006
First year of ownership2007
Most recent year of ownership2007
Previous motorcycleHonda XR650R

Summary:

Simply Superb

Nothing as yet.

I've owned quite a few Honda motorcycles and cars, and they rarely give any problems.

General Comments:

This bike has been a revelation, my last roadie was a CB1300 which went hard, but was a bit slow/sluggish in the cornering department.

My Honda CB900F is my 37th bike, and amongst that number is a 'busa, a ZX12R, GSX750R and a Suzi'TL1000. I traded the TL in on the CB1300 in September 2005. I have plenty of photos to support my ownership of these bikes, in fact I've got hundreds! The XR650R was an attempt to ride hard, but off-road, unfortunately my trails have been recently fenced off, plus I missed the road bikes.

The Hornet as it's known in 'Oz has been fitted with Staintune pipes, which has given it a more aggressive note and made it go harder.

My wife loves it, it's a nice colour and seems civil after the ZX12R! Importantly she will hop on the bike, it's that comfortable.

I'm enjoying road riding again. The bike has enough go to mono up my driveway, and despite the fact that it isn't run in yet, it has almost reached the speeds that my faster road bikes have on my favourite bit of road west of Newcastle (not top speeds, this section is pretty twisty). It flies, I love it and I'm hoping it may be the long awaited 'keeper' that we all lament after we sell them.

Review Date: 22nd January, 2007

2006 Honda CB900F Hornet from United States of America

First year of ownership2006
Most recent year of ownership2006

Summary:

Superb choice for all riders at all skill levels

No issues in the first 500 miles.

General Comments:

Amazingly nice package of performance and handling. Comfortable riding position.

Even a first time rider can handle it, and grow into it. Forgiving, but you must treat it with respect. Easy to forget you've got 900cc under your seat.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 11th October, 2006

Most recent year of ownership2005
Distance when acquired0 kilometres
Most recent distance1000 kilometres
Previous motorcycleSuzuki Suzuki GSX1400

Summary:

Fast and responsive, easy to ride, very comfortable and beautifully built

Nothing at all.

General Comments:

The bike is well built, rides beautifully and is very comfortable.

The torque range in the 're-mapped' Fireblade' 919cc engine is perfect for this style of bike, allows easy commuting with few gear changes required, and great open road performance with smooth acceleration and plenty of power right through the rev range.

I haven't had this bike for long and it is still running in, but I am very, very happy with it, and would recommend it to any serious motorcylist who wants a beautifully built and comfortable bike for a great price. You get far, far more for your money with this bike than many other manufacturers give you.

The late 2004, 2005 series have a fully adjustable front suspension, something earlier models lacked, and that means you can set up the bike for most riders and riding conditions - that was the only deficiency with earlier models, now fixed.

Review Date: 19th February, 2005

4th Oct 2006, 16:13

I've had my 919, for little over a year and it is the ultimate ride. I ride this thing everyday it's not raining to work in Manhattan. All year I ride. Freeze the 20 minutes to work - it's okay.

I'm coming up on 8000 miles and nothing needs fixing. I change the oil and feed it gas, and it keeps going strong. In winter it starts right up.

I took the dual exhaust off and put a single hollow 4 inch barrel on, and it's the loudest street bike I've ever heard. The bike owns the road everyday in the city, zig zagging through traffic and on the highway screaming past those dragging 4 wheelers.

I love my bike because of its universal style that can appeal to anybody. It's a rare metallic green. No plastic, just metal hanging out with a big cruising headlight. Comes with the performance and speed of a race bike and the comfort and attitude of a cruiser.

Here in New York, the naked bike isn't that popular, but for me, it's all I could ever ask for from a motorcycle.

2002 Honda CB900F Hornet from United States of America