12th Sep 2006, 18:31

I have a 1983 Honda CM250 Custom, I've been using it for a trail bike since it is no longer road worthy. I am in need of new clutch plates, and the Honda company is charging a ridiculous price for the factory brand. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find after-market clutch plates for my bike at a reasonable price?

13th Dec 2006, 10:47

I own 8 cm 250cc Honda's for my riding school. They are great bikes to learn on. Never had a problem getting parts, either new or used. Honda made 1982-1983 only here in North America.

6th Jan 2007, 19:12

I am restoring an 82 CM250C and am having a really hard time finding parts for it. There was a comment added on December 13th that described a riding school that uses them that has no problems getting parts. Would it be possible to document where you're getting the parts? Maybe a website URL or something?

The bike has been easy to work on in spite of the difficulty in locating parts. Overall it's been a good learning bike.

7th Jan 2007, 23:21

My riding school uses a Honda cm250c, 82-83. I get my parts buying bikes complete or search the web for parts - eBay etc.

23rd Jan 2007, 16:49

What's the going rate for one of these in good condition?

2nd Feb 2007, 10:10

I have found a 1984 Honda CM250c at my local bike shop. It looks like it is in good condition, but has fairly high KMs (25000). Could anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for a bike like this (approx)?

Thanks.

22nd May 2007, 20:48

There is an 84 Honda CM250C; I have one. It is very easy to learn on, but it lacks the power in torque, but will do highway speeds with one rider. It is also exteremly reliable, worth about 1000.00 to 1500.00 Cad in good condition.

16th Aug 2007, 15:27

To the person looking for parts for a rebuild, I share your pain!! I am also rebuilding an '82 CM250C. That's the chain-drive year. If you're looking for parts, note that the ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION for this bike are identical with the earliest ('84) Rebel 250, model ## CMX250C. I rebuilt my transmission with parts from an '84 Rebel 250. If you are still looking for parts, I may have some. I have engine parts, mostly. you can email me at jcat431*NOSPAM* at hotmail dot com. (take out the *NOSPAM*)

NOTE: The electrical system is NOT compatible; one is 6V, the other is 12V. The carburetor is also different.

31st May 2008, 19:38

What is the difference between gasket kit A and B.

14th Aug 2008, 21:47

For you guys out there looking for parts for these, eBay is loaded, and for new parts Bikebandit is excellent with full diagrams and a lot of OEM parts.

These are great learning bikes, and I have now passed mine on to my wife, but a electrical short that brings the battery down to about 2 volts when the ignition is turned on has beat me down. I have gone through everything and no luck.

27th Apr 2009, 21:48

I have a 82 Honda CM250C. I need a muffler for it, can any other bike model mufflers fit? Or do you know if any one has one for sale off a CM250C? Any comments, send them to my email, it is puppysean@aim.com

15th Dec 2009, 06:10

Hondapartshouse.com should have every OEM part you need.

27th Mar 2011, 04:08

I have just today purchased a Honda CM250C belt drive 1985. In pretty good condition, and hasn't been ridden for over 10 years, as the owner had eye issues that left him blind in one eye. Known him all my life, and he looked after it well.

4th Jul 2011, 15:23

Well my CM250C says it is an 1984, and the VIN shows 1984, so I guess Honda made one.

30th May 2012, 11:24

Can you tell me where you found the drive belt for your 250? I have a 1983 CM 250 Custom, but can't find a belt anywhere. You can email me at buddha19er@yahoo.com

Thanks, and I hope to hear from someone.

14th Oct 2014, 14:11

I am also have trouble finding parts for my 1982 Honda CM250C. I need the air box and the mufflers... I have checked every site online. I know that 1983 parts will fit, but I'm unable to find them in that year also. Any help will be appreciated. You can inform me at kidd9422@hotmail.com