2006 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

Won me over from other brands I favored

It keeps burning up tires, and they need to be replaced every 10K miles. Other than oil changes, tires are my biggest maintenance expense.

General Comments:

I've been riding motorcycles since 1973, and I was not immediately drawn to the ST1300. I thought it was ugly compared to the other sport tourers, but lurking in online forums, I found fewer complaints about the Honda versus other brands.

I bought a slightly used 2006 a bit reluctantly, but found something I've never had on any other bike. It took me a while to realize it, and when it finally dawned on me, I had a hard time believing it. What is it? I came to realize that when I'm riding the ST1300, I never think about which bike I'm going to buy next... other than another ST1300.

Review Date: 17th June, 2014

2004 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

Most reliable, best handling, great gas mileage bike ever

Headlights burnt out in 2010.

Thermostat in 2012.

General Comments:

This has been the most reliable, most enjoyable, best handling motorcycle I've owned. I never put this many miles on anything before. It runs today as good as ever.

Review Date: 5th April, 2014

23rd Apr 2014, 22:49

Purchased in 2004 new. Seasonal rider in the Seattle area. I continue to love the bike for power, comfort and reliability. Most of my riding is I-90 from Seattle to the Eastern Washington area, so I enjoy both the freeway (less traveled) and the countless farming roads that offer plenty of spirited opportunities with no worries of radar traps etc. I keep waiting for the next generation to come, but for now it still inspires me every spring through fall with new roads to explore. PS storage is great.

2004 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

It's been flawless, it's quick, fast, and very reliable, and I love riding it

One of the headlights burnt out last year - 2008.

General Comments:

Comfy, quick, fast, reliable, still looking good.

Good MPG, I never put this many miles on any bike before.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2009

2004 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

Awesome bike that would be near perfect if had a better seat and lost a little weight

One of the low beam headlights burnt out in fall of 2008.

General Comments:

Very stable, fast, awesome gas mileage; an average of 48 mpg.

This is a sport touring bike, not a sport bike.

I replaced the air filter with a K&N, and replaced the exhaust with two brothers when it had 16k on the trip. Big improvement on power.

Still has the original battery, front tires wears out at 12-15 k, and the rear is around 9k.

Review Date: 15th March, 2009

2005 Honda ST1300 from Canada

Summary:

An awesome machine that I plan to keep for a long time

Nothing.

General Comments:

This is a great bike, lots of power, very comfortable for short or long runs. It is fun to ride and handles very easily at any speed. Mine is the ABS model, which performs exceptionally well. Having gone from a cruiser to this sport touring was the best move I ever made.

There appears to be very few ST1300's in the area where I live; I get lots of compliments from strangers about how good this bike looks.

Review Date: 19th January, 2009

2004 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

I'd purchase another in a heart beat

I had the wiring harness pinched and cut after it was serviced, and had Helibars added.

General Comments:

I really love the ST1300's range.

I have not experienced the heat issue others have reported.

The bike handle so well at low speeds, it's hard to believe it weighs 630 lbs.

I find that the gauges can be hard to read when the sunlight is behind you, so thank God for analog tach and speedo.

Review Date: 25th October, 2008

2006 Honda ST1300 from United States of America

Summary:

Great handling, acceleration and brakes

No, nada, nuthin.

General Comments:

Handles great, hangs surefooted in the twisties.

Great acceleration, hits triple digit speeds quick..

Brakes are excellent, the linked brakes just sit the bike down hard and smooth...

A mile muncher on the interstate... hard to keep it under 90...

A blast on twisties, loves to dive into curves and lunge out of them..

Adjustable windscreen is GREAT... can find a quiet spot no matter what the speed it is... body work keeps the rain off everything on you, except your boots..

Review Date: 11th September, 2008