2006 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero from United States of America

Summary:

That silly grin is going to be hard to remove when riding this bike

10% ethanol does not agree with this bike over time. The petcock assembly basically rotted out from it. Not the manufacturer's fault. Dealer knew what to do from the get-go.

General Comments:

This is a great all purpose cruiser for local and highway speeds. You can even go long distances without a lot of discomfort. Saddlebags and trunk bags from US Saddlebag in Mass. and you are ready to go.

I recommend a GearBrake for the rear lights, because when you roll off the throttle, she bleeds speed incredibly fast.

I have gotten 80 MPG on long distances and a reliable 56-60 MPG locally. Just keep in mind that this is a 745cc bike and you are going to have to get your Harley buddies to slow their take off a bit to keep up. 65mph+ it gets a bit buzzy, making you wish that there was a 6th gear or tall 5th.

It is a well mannered, forgiving bike, especially for short guys or women getting their first bike, or guys like me, who are still happy with it after 9 years and 40k miles. The other nice thing is that a new one won't break your wallet, and neither will the maintenance costs.

I would get another one in a heart beat.

Review Date: 7th July, 2015

2005 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero from United States of America

Summary:

A beautiful, reliable, and comfortable bike a newbie or senior rider can enjoy for years

Nothing - except replacing the tires at about 7500 miles.

General Comments:

I'm a 50 something, this is my first bike, and it was love at first sight (and still is). The bike was in perfect condition when I bought it in the spring of 2013, and came with Cobra slash-cut pipes and a Memphis shades windscreen. The first thing I did was to take off the rear seat and sissy bar - I love the "long & low" look of the Aero with its fat front tire and full fenders.

Over the past two years I've installed a set of large black flame bags from US Saddlebag Co., Cobra highway bars, and Kuryakyn ISO Dually pegs.

I ride the bike everywhere for everything - commuting, for fun, on errands around town - and I put 12,000 miles on it the past two years. I've done my own routine maintenance and everything is running perfectly.

The only thing I need now is more horsepower and a little more legroom. When I hit the throttle, it's not so much a hit as a smooth pull - I have no sense the bike is going to run off without me. At 6ft I'm just a little long for this frame and seat height (although the highway bars and pegs help) and the stock solo seat supports my 165lbs fine for most riding, but I must admit that any more than an hour or so and my "saddle" and lower back starts getting a bit sore.

Overall I love the bike, and as another reviewer stated, it's a great bike for a beginner or an older rider. I love the durability of shaft drive, the water-cooled engine, and the renowned Honda reliability.

Review Date: 4th June, 2015

2004 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero from Canada

Summary:

It's a pretty fun bike to ride

Nothing.

General Comments:

Great on the old roads.

Could use a few more ponies.

"Nice Bike" - hear that a lot.

Easy to do oil changes.

Passengers are not too happy on extended rides.

Review Date: 24th October, 2011

2008 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero from Canada

Summary:

One of the BEST Hondas I have ever owned

What can I say? The bike is BRAND NEW; 0 Kms on it when I picked it up from the dealer. I have only put on 1250 Km.

Nothing has gone wrong as of July 19, 2010.

I just got on June 4, 2010. The dealer still had it in a wooden crate from 2008, and was looking just to get rid of it. VT750C2F Blue 2008.

General Comments:

So far I have had only three small problems.

One the pegs for the passenger was too high and set back too far, So I replaced the pegs with Kuryakyn floorboards, and I lowered them and moved them forward about 2 inches in each direction.

Next, the stock seat was JUNK, just BAD. Honda should be ashamed, so I had to get a Mustang seat for the driver and passenger.

My last problem is finding floorboards WITH, I repeat WITH, a heel and toe shifter. MC makes one, but is out of stock to the end of the year for this bike???

Review Date: 19th July, 2010