2007 Honda VTX1800 Review

Year of manufacture2007
First year of ownership2009
Most recent year of ownership2009
Previous motorcycleKawasaki Nomad

Summary:

This Brute is what I'm looking for

Nothing is wrong.

General Comments:

Motorcycle is very nimble within limitations of an 800 lb bike with a 300 lb rider.

The true pleasure of this bike, is when you are doing 60 in 4th gear and you twist the throttle to pass. The acceleration is hard and smooth, and passing is complete in a second.

Moreover, torquing out of corners is thrilling. It is not necessary to be high in the revs to pull a few G's in a corner or exiting from same.

A 500 mile day is acceptably comfortable with the stock seat, and mpg is around 49 regardless of riding style.

Review Date: 30th May, 2009

30th Sep 2009, 16:41

I started riding motorcycles when I was 16 years old, and it was on a Harley. After learning how to ride, I began riding other motorcycle brands and found out that I like all motorcycles, regardless of name or brand.

After riding bikes all of my life, I found out each and every motorcycle is unique in its own way.

Now that I'm 57 years old and still ride at least 4 days out of 7, my favorite motorcycle is by far the Honda. I'm a true American and believe in supporting my country and our made in America brands. My only problem is that I can't afford the service cost to keep a Harley running properly, so I just have to continue riding Honda's VTX 1300 & 1800's.

A Honda has been my choice for over 20 years now, and cost for repairs totals less than a down payment for a Harley and other motorcycle brands.

Average review marks: 9.4 / 10, based on 1 review