Kawasaki F7 175 Reviews

Year of manufacture1974
First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2010
Previous motorcycleBaja Motorsports DR70

Summary:

Best bike I have ever ridden

General Comments:

Very good handling for such an old bike. I was wanting something to ride till I can get a KX125, but I love this bike so much.

Review Date: 2nd December, 2010

1972 Kawasaki F7 175 from United States of America

Model year1972
Year of manufacture1972
First year of ownership2005
Most recent year of ownership2005
Previous motorcycleKawasaki KE 100

Summary:

A vintage bike, that has too much life in it to take to the junkyard

It needs a new rear sprocket and a clutch pack.

General Comments:

This bike was given to me by a friend. I cleaned the fuel filter and carb and it barked to life.

I've had a Kawasaki KE100 in the past, and it was very reliable and a ball to whip down some trails, so I'm anxious to fix the clutch on the F7 175. I did ride the F7 down the road after getting it running and it's noisy, but appears to have a lot of torque. When I get the new clutch pack in it, I should feel much more torque.

I'm considering restoring this bike. Anyone out there have/had one? I'd like to read your comments.

Review Date: 16th March, 2007

19th Mar 2007, 19:28

Hi! I too have a F7 that was given to me. This bike was given to me by a friend. The bike had sat for years, and when I finally got it running, it was all the bike I needed. I weigh about 220lbs and the terrain is Ozark like hilly.

I am in the process of getting it back on the road. I left it outside about 2 years thinking that the engine would be sealed from the moisture. The piston seized in the cylinder and I have just discovered that the wrist pin is seized. I do not really know which way to go because money is always a concern. I very seldom needed to go faster that 55 mph, but the bike always pulled me through hill and trail. I fear that the clutch is also just about gone.

Thanks.