29th Nov 2012, 18:12

I purchased my 1999 Nomad new. Have had a few issues with the fan motor, starter going out etc., but the real bummer is the plastic oil gear that the dealer and the regional Kawasaki customer service guy refuse to acknowledge was a safety hazard, and a poorly designed oil pump gear. The bike has 47,000 plus a few.

Love the bike, but will never own another Kawasaki, nor will I recommend one to anyone that asks. You patched up a few, but when mine goes down, it's too old for you to cover anything. Thank God no one was hurt or needed to have safe passage. Kawasaki, you failed miserably. Just so you know!!!

27th Jun 2015, 23:08

Yes, same problem, oil pump plastic gear. Wow, took out my cams and don't know what else, $1000 to replace drive + parts. Who do I contact? It's my 2nd Kawasaki, and they're not dependable machines; can't even find a used engine in Canada with metal gear.

Nice bike, but poor quality engine work.

Rob from Canada, robertdepratto@rocketmail.com

Ya send me a message there Kawasaki customer service, if you stand behind your product???

13th Jul 2015, 15:44

I have a 1999 Kawasaki Nomad. The oil light just came on after 84,000 km. Does anyone know how I can contact Kawasaki to talk to them about it? Thanks.

9th Aug 2015, 20:25

This is the way to go to replace that unreliable plastic gear. Do it now when it's cheap and there's no need to pull the engine and split cases. It will cover up the obvious flaw from the factory, and give you many, many miles in the future.

16th Sep 2015, 04:22

Just have a question for you. I also have a 1999 Kawasaki Nomad 1500. I'm needing several things on my bike. Just wanted to know if yours is for sale or if not? Please contact me Jerry Lewis @ lewispatty88@gmail.com with your reply. Thank you.

10th Jul 2016, 23:47

How did you get in touch with Kaw corp? My 97 and 99 Vulcan 1500 Classic oil pump gear went out.