Suzuki Boulevard C90 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

First year of ownership2009
Most recent year of ownership2009
Previous motorcycleSuzuki Boulevard C50

Summary:

Nice looking cruiser with lots of power and affordable

None so far.

General Comments:

The bike has pretty good acceleration and torque. Even when ridding two-up, it has plenty of power.

The overall handling isn't bad. It's not as nimble as the Suzuki C50 I had however it's to be expected; it's heavier and a little bigger. Once I got use to it I liked the ride.

The overall comfort isn't bad. Mine has the upgraded seats and backrest. There are a few after market seats available if you want to change them out.

The layout isn’t too bad. I have found it fairly easy to perform all of the basic maintenance.

The bike has a lot of available after market upgrades.

Review Date: 19th May, 2009

Year of manufacture2004
Most recent year of ownership2008
Previous motorcycleHarley-Davidson FLHPI Road King (Police)

Summary:

Comfortable

Nothing...

General Comments:

Incredible bike. Rock-solid and extremely comfortable.

My only caveat: the fuel tank... The fuel tank is only 3 gallons. (3.7 if the reserve is included.) That's a pitiful tank for a big bore heavyweight cruiser.

But, even in its curse there's a blessing. The fuel tank is below the seat. Low center of gravity and the weight being centrally located, makes for a cruiser I can drag floorboards with.

Harley better come up with an answer quick or they'll share the same fate as the "Big 3": GM, Ford & Chrysler.

Review Date: 1st April, 2008

2006 Suzuki Boulevard C90 from United States of America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
First year of ownership2006
Most recent year of ownership2007
Previous motorcycleYamaha XV750 Virago

Summary:

Great bike, fun to ride, easy handling

No problems from this bike at all.

General Comments:

I really love this bike, it has plenty of power and torque, top and low end.

The bike is very comfortable, but could use a more pulled back handle bar to ease neck tension. Other than that, it is a great riding bike, easy to handle with its low center of gravity and long wheel base.

I looked at a lot of other bikes prior to making my purchase, and I'm sure glad I got the Suzuki C90T. It fits me perfect; I am 6 feet and weight 220 lbs. I ride two up and this big V-twin doesn't even know we're on her. I'm happy with my choice of bike.

Review Date: 29th September, 2007

2006 Suzuki Boulevard C90 from United States of America

Model year2006
Most recent year of ownership2006
Previous motorcycleHonda CB1000 Custom

Summary:

This is a fine, good looking cruiser that rides great, looks good, and is super value!

Leaked oil from the head gasket - Faulty cast.

Front-end vibration at 20-35 mph - Front-end bearing.

General Comments:

I first became interested in this bike because of its looks and the fact that it came with a windshield and saddle bags.

This motorcycle is a real pleasure to ride, even though I'm 6'1 and weigh 290 pounds. It doesn't complain even if I put my wife on the back.

It consistently gets compliments and most people are surprised at how little I paid for it compared to other cruisers.

Most importantly, it is very comfortable both in the city and on the road.

I average about 35mpg in the City, but on the road I get almost 50. And we're not talking about taking it easy on the throttle, we're cruising at least 10mph about the speed limit! You can be cruising comfortably, and all of a sudden notice that you're traveling at 90 miles per hour!

I've added a few accessories, like engine guards and passenger floorboards, and some other chrome, but this bike looks super right out of the box.

Review Date: 14th November, 2006

Most recent year of ownership2006
Previous motorcycleHonda VF750C Magna

Summary:

Great upgrade from the VF750 I used to have

My sidecovers didn't match the rest of the tins (base coat had orange peels and runs).

It was also noisy in the top end till the first oil change and I put Amsoil in it.

General Comments:

The thing is really fast, which is surprising when you factor in that I am a fairly large person. (6ft, 2in, 320lbs)

Turning doesn't feel as stable as it probably should, but I think that has mostly to do with the factory rubbers (Bridgestone I think).

Review Date: 2nd March, 2006

10th Dec 2007, 16:19

I bought a 07 C90 last February and put 7000 Km (4200 miles) on it over the riding season. I chose it over the Kawasaki Nomad because of the lower center of gravity and it was $ 2500 Canadian cheaper. Fit nicely into my budget. The only flaw is that the clock on the tank does not work.

I am generally happy with my purchase. I can ride the bike all day long without getting cramped or stiff.

I will list the pros and cons:

Pros:

Lowest cost of all the cruisers

Handles nice

Reliable

Cool looking motorcycle

Cheap maintenance.

Cons:

Passenger foot pegs are high. Looking at these pegs would suggest your woman would get very cramped unless she was under 5 feet.

Don't expect to go more than 120 miles between fill ups.

Stopping distance is a lot farther than a motorcycle approx 500 pounds. I don't know how the C90 compares to other cruisers with respect to stopping distance. Something to check out.

Also, the ride quality is harsher going over bumps and sags on the road compared to smaller bikes.