- Very practical daily transportation.
- Good protection from wind/weather/stones/bugs/etc.
- Reasonable gas mileage depending on driving habits
- Comfortable foot-forward design for rider, spacious seating for passanger.
- 55 liters of storage under the seat and more in the dash.
- Responsive handling in the city or on the highway.
- Powerful, responsive, engine
- State of the art auto transmission.
- Designed for safety: bright lighting, powerful braking with ABS on Exec model, easy to control
- Easy to clean
- Always a joy to ride!
- A class of it's own: No other cycles like it.
Because this style of bike is such a new concept, many people tend relate it to its distant cousin "The Scooter". The 650 Executive has only basic traits in common with it's distant cousin. It's like comparing a Model T Ford to a modern car.
The 650 Burgman, with its SECVT (Suzuki Electronic Constant Velosity Transmission), offers a combination of features no other model bike can offer. I've had two Burgman 400's (also great bikes) and moved up to the 650 Executive. I say up because it takes the performance and capabilities of the 400 to a higher level and crosses the line from scooter to its own class of bike.
The 650 Exec. offers ABS, an electrically adjustable windshield, and retractable mirrors. A more powerful and responsive engine/transmission that are frame mounted.
This all comes at a hit on your MPG, but with the right driving habits, you can still get in the mid 50's MPG.
There is not one style of bike that is right for everyone. But if you had to design an all around excellent means of transportation that includes touring, sporting, style and comfort... this bike is hard to beat.