Suzuki GS250FW-S Reviews

First year of ownership1988
Most recent year of ownership1989
Distance when acquired10000 kilometres
Most recent distance14000 kilometres
Previous motorcycleSuzuki RH250 (TS250X)

Summary:

Not fast, but nice

Loose steering stem.

General Comments:

The first Suzuki 250cc 4 cylinder bike; in fact the first DOHC 250cc 4 cylinder street legal bike in the world. At 36HP/11000rpm, it compares badly with later 4 cylinder 250cc bikes rated at something like 45HP/14000rpm, but it has a very nice 4 cylinder sound. It has only 2 carbs to feed the 4 cylinders, making maintenance slightly simpler.

The bike is comfortably designed with a very nice seat for long rides, single or tandem. It also has a remote control rear shock preload adjuster, and a full set of instruments on the meter panel.

Review Date: 15th September, 2010

1984 Suzuki GS250FW-S from Australia

Model year1984
Year of manufacture1982
First year of ownership2005
Most recent year of ownership2005
Distance when acquired19000 kilometres
Most recent distance21000 kilometres

Summary:

A piece of Suzuki's History

Bike was left in garden shed for 13 years and required a new battery, a new exhaust system, and rebuilt carburettors.

General Comments:

The bike is a naked road tourer.

It is similar to the GS500F, but learner legal. Though I don't know why?

I bought the bike for $300AUS.

The bike is designated as a GS250FW-S, which was Suzuki's first attempt at a 4 cylinder 250cc bike.

It has a 6 speed gearbox, full floater rear suspension, and an instrument cluster like you wouldn't believe.

Top speed is 224km/h, with 36hp @ 11,500rpm, and 23nm @ 7,000rpm.

The power band is strongest between 9,000rpm and 11,000rpm.

The bike is 1 of only 190 shipped to Australia, with only half that still around.

Review Date: 8th July, 2005

13th Jul 2005, 14:29

Excellent review. I like motorcycles that are quite unique.

The GS250FW is no exception. I have never seen one on the road. A bike like this, I believe has character and would be proud to own one. Happy riding.

29th Nov 2005, 17:35

I, Ned myself, own a Suzuki GS250FW 1984 with approx 12000Ks and I agree with these comments as I enjoy riding my bike so much. By the way, mine is the only one I have seen in the flesh.

I feel you need to ride this bike on the power band to benefit from it, which sometimes can get me in trouble. Also, it can use a lot of fuel riding it on the power, but it is most enjoyable... yours Ned.