2002 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United States of America

Summary:

Well deserved accolades and reverence for this powerful machine!

An excellent maintenance record with only basic and wear and tear replacements.

General Comments:

Best, fastest and most powerful bike I've ridden/owned (with perhaps the exception of a BUILT 2009 BMW S1000R, but that again was built with over 210 BHP). The Busa makes you appreciate all that was once "engine" from the last decade... Now bikes have ridiculous performance numbers in smaller displacements... But they still can't match the adrenaline surge and brute power the Hayabusa commands.

I tell people it's like this riding a Hayabusa: Imagine you're pinned beneath the fairing of the fastest bike you have ever been on. The bike is pulling harder and harder with each click up with your left foot. You know you're going incredibly fast, but your sole mindsight is keeping the road in focus as the asphalt blurs by. The thought of hesitating to glance at the speedo/tach even for a millisecond seems slightly insane given the prodigious amount of road the bike is eating up, but you do for that quick moment... You realize that the bike is only doing 7000 RPM and you haven't even hit top gear or redline yet! That's what my first impression of my Busa was... Very humbling to say the least.

Review Date: 2nd January, 2016

2002 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United States of America

Summary:

Incredible machine

Front rotors warped.

General Comments:

Unbelievable motorcycle. Takes everything you give it and more. The best bike I have owned in the 30 years of riding, and I have owned A LOT of different bikes. I am grateful for having the chance to own and experience riding this incredible machine.

Review Date: 22nd March, 2015

2001 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from Australia

Summary:

A sensational all time living classic. Number one

Low headlight bulb blew at 47000klms.

Replaced battery every 3 years.

Oil cooler blocks up with small rocks when ridden on unsealed roads.

General Comments:

A great fast highway bike. Very strong and easy to live with. Does anything and everything asked of it.

I have owned many big bore motorcycles, and this has been the best so far in my 47 years of regular road and dirt riding.

Great bike for riding with a passenger.

A bike for reasonably experienced riders who have owned a number of slower bikes, and worked their way up to a machine that has this level of performance. A truly enjoyable motorcycle.

Review Date: 7th February, 2013

2001 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from Canada

Summary:

Amazing bike!!! Period!!!

Starter clutch $300.

Lots of tires $$$$$$.

General Comments:

I loved this thing, but sold it because I was going to kill myself; I want to see my kids graduate!!!

I topped out at 330 kph and it still wanted to keep going!!!

THIS IS NOT A STARTER BIKE... YOU'RE AN IDIOT IF YOU DON'T HAVE 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE MINIMUM BEFORE YOU BUY IT!!

I kind if wish I didn't sell it, but life goes on, I'll share the joy!!

Review Date: 21st September, 2012

2006 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United States of America

Summary:

A powerful, reliable, and comfortable MC

No problems so far. Wish I got more miles out of rear tires.

General Comments:

This motorcycle is very fast and handles very well. It is very mild mannered below 5k rpms, but gets mean above that.

I live in a mountainous area, and it flicks easily from side to side in the curves for a heavy sport tourer. I have heli bars, and find the riding position very comfortable, and I'm 51.

The speedometer is 5mph fast at 65mph according to GPS, and the error gets greater with speed.

I've only been able to get 4-5k on a rear tire, and I don't spin the wheel. I get about 10k on a front tire.

I would highly recommend the 06 Hayabusa.

Review Date: 21st March, 2011

2006 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United States of America

Summary:

A guided missile

Nothing.

General Comments:

This thing is something else. It's got it all and then some! The ultimate sport bike! You can be sure that you'll be grinning from ear to ear!

Review Date: 21st February, 2008

26th Aug 2009, 00:04

You're right when you say you will be grinning from ear to ear! I have been grinning for a couple of years on my 2006 GSXR1300R.