2008 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from Australia

Summary:

Brilliant

Flat battery - normal replacement item.

General manufacturer recalls completed.

General Comments:

I bought it sight unseen and hadn't ridden one before. The first owner never registered it or rode it as it was the limited edition model. It is a really civilised and easy bike to ride. Unbelievable acceleration in any gear. I commute to work on it every day. I have used it when delivering rider training and slow speed courses, and it is a really nice bike to ride. Maybe a bit uncomfortable in heavy stop / go traffic, but open road is no problem. I splurged and had it dyno tuned / ECU done, which made it even more smoother and responsive. Slightly more HP than a standard one. I also put on a Wilburs rear shock with remote preload as I take a pillion frequently. Upgraded the front forks too, but kept standard springs and the bike handles so nicely, like a little sports bike. The suspension changes really improved the handling. I don't plan on selling it anytime soon as I just love riding it.

I've had to replace front brake discs a few times, but that didn't bother me, easy job to do yourself. But keep an eye on front brake pad wear; it makes big speed easily which equals frequent use of pads. I wore out the foot peg rubbers too, so I replaced them with cheap eBay rear sets and they've been brilliant.

Review Date: 31st January, 2017

2003 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from Canada

Summary:

It's a rocketship on wheels and people gaze at it

General Comments:

I love every time I go for a spin, I wish I would have bought one when I was younger. I am 50 years old and heavier, so need to take break after 150km. I owned a CBR1100 in 99 new and was younger and would ride all day.

Review Date: 29th July, 2016

2002 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United States of America

Summary:

Well deserved accolades and reverence for this powerful machine!

An excellent maintenance record with only basic and wear and tear replacements.

General Comments:

Best, fastest and most powerful bike I've ridden/owned (with perhaps the exception of a BUILT 2009 BMW S1000R, but that again was built with over 210 BHP). The Busa makes you appreciate all that was once "engine" from the last decade... Now bikes have ridiculous performance numbers in smaller displacements... But they still can't match the adrenaline surge and brute power the Hayabusa commands.

I tell people it's like this riding a Hayabusa: Imagine you're pinned beneath the fairing of the fastest bike you have ever been on. The bike is pulling harder and harder with each click up with your left foot. You know you're going incredibly fast, but your sole mindsight is keeping the road in focus as the asphalt blurs by. The thought of hesitating to glance at the speedo/tach even for a millisecond seems slightly insane given the prodigious amount of road the bike is eating up, but you do for that quick moment... You realize that the bike is only doing 7000 RPM and you haven't even hit top gear or redline yet! That's what my first impression of my Busa was... Very humbling to say the least.

Review Date: 2nd January, 2016

2002 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United States of America

Summary:

Incredible machine

Front rotors warped.

General Comments:

Unbelievable motorcycle. Takes everything you give it and more. The best bike I have owned in the 30 years of riding, and I have owned A LOT of different bikes. I am grateful for having the chance to own and experience riding this incredible machine.

Review Date: 22nd March, 2015

2001 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from Australia

Summary:

A sensational all time living classic. Number one

Low headlight bulb blew at 47000klms.

Replaced battery every 3 years.

Oil cooler blocks up with small rocks when ridden on unsealed roads.

General Comments:

A great fast highway bike. Very strong and easy to live with. Does anything and everything asked of it.

I have owned many big bore motorcycles, and this has been the best so far in my 47 years of regular road and dirt riding.

Great bike for riding with a passenger.

A bike for reasonably experienced riders who have owned a number of slower bikes, and worked their way up to a machine that has this level of performance. A truly enjoyable motorcycle.

Review Date: 7th February, 2013