2006 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United States of America

Summary:

A guided missile

Nothing.

General Comments:

This thing is something else. It's got it all and then some! The ultimate sport bike! You can be sure that you'll be grinning from ear to ear!

Review Date: 21st February, 2008

26th Aug 2009, 00:04

You're right when you say you will be grinning from ear to ear! I have been grinning for a couple of years on my 2006 GSXR1300R.

2007 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from South Africa

Summary:

It is awesome

So far nothing.

General Comments:

This is not for the beginner, it is very very fast.

The comfort is acceptable. My wife has complained about the sitting position on her knees, but up front have not experienced the same discomfort. I am 6 foot 3 inches, and find it a pleasure to drive.

I get 250km to a tank with reserve of approx. 4 litres to spare. Consumption is about 14km/l, and that is driving between 4000 to 6000 RPM. If you need economy, get another bike.

Review Date: 3rd April, 2007

24th Aug 2007, 23:28

I own a 2004 Hayabusa. It has been a pleasure to ride every one of the 26000 km I have done on it. It is very comfortable; my wife have only complained about the wind at extreme speeds (+270km/h). At speeds between 180-210 km/h I get 16.5 km/l, in other words I get way over 300km on a tank of petrol. Very economical at that speed. I have never tested the fuel consumption at slower speeds, mainly because I never ride the bike at slower speeds.

I normally get about 6200km on a rear tyre (BT 020). I have had numerous other super bikes, but the busa is the one I'd stick with, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about. It handles very good considering its weight.

3rd May 2008, 21:41

I have a 2007 Busa. They are fast. However, I would like it to be a bit faster so I'm adding a sprocket with two more teeth to the back and one down in the front. Then, when I can afford it, I'll add a good pipe, Power Commander and, I guess, racing air filters.

What I like about the bike is how solid it is. For a fairly heavy sportbike, it handles pretty well. The riding position is very comfortable, much better than the Triumph Daytona I had, and pretty close to the 2001 ZRX 1200 R traded in for the Suzuki.

About all I've done so far is to wind it out in second gear. Incredibly, the speedo showed just over 130. Can that be right?

GP.

2003 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United States of America

Summary:

This is the best motorcycle for a beginner to learn the sport of drag racing

Nothing Suzuki made has failed on this bike, ever.

I modified the bike for drag racing as soon as I got it. Any parts failures have been my own fault.

General Comments:

MODS: Schnitz lowering strap (front), Pingel lowering bars (rear), Muzzys air shifter, MRE locking clutch, NX nitrous system, Pingel wheelie bar, Racetek K1 rear tire, air box mods, PC3b module, Zero Gravity db windscreen, and a great Tobin custom seat.

For drag racing this is the machine to start with. Right off the showroom floor you are looking at running as quick as 10.2 seconds stock e.t. Then, with similar mods as mine you are in the mid or upper nines. With the wheelie bar on it runs low nines. See Super Streetbike magazine, USA, Nov '05 issue for a list of similar mods that put them in the high eight second range on stock rubber and no wheelie bar!

It's fun, easy, reliable, and someday when I'm tired of it, I'll put the bike back to stock and just sell it with only 6-7,000 miles on the odo.(yeah, 1/4 mile at a time).

Review Date: 4th December, 2005

11th Oct 2006, 16:08

Caveat emptor eh? You want to put 6-7,000 miles on the bike via 1/4 mile drag races then convert it back to stock and sell it to a third party?

Although it's silly to think that you'll run something on the order of 28,000 drag races with this one machine, I would certainly hope that the buyer is aware of ANY drag racing the vehicle was used in when making a purchase, and unless the buyer knows you I'm sure he'll be left in the dark, because otherwise you could sell the bike as-is to a colleague. What other reason would you have for bringing it back to stock so you can sell it for a fraction of the cost unless the history of the bike wasn't being revealed?

12th Dec 2006, 05:31

Unfortunately, the world is full of selfish, dishonest idiots.

I never buy bikes with tiny mileage for this exact reason.

10th Mar 2007, 16:11

Clearly this person is not telling the truth.

No one in the right mind would say this bike is a good bike for a beginner. And... somehow I can't see him getting nearly 30 thousand drag races, nor anyone not noticing that a bike went through 30 thousand drag races, and buying it.

4th Dec 2007, 23:45

If any bike can take the punishment that is dealt at the dragstrip, it is the Busa. I have about 6K for mileage on mine, with numerous trips to the strip. What other 9 second bike could you run at the strip on Sunday and then leave on a 600 mile trip on Monday? I would not hesitate to buy another Busa that had been used at the strip, mine was when I bought it. Gotta love the Busa!!

15th Jan 2008, 20:01

Well my GS 250L only had 721 miles on it, because the person that owned it before me didn't check the chain; it came off and it bent the clutch shaft and leaked oil everywhere, but easily fixed and a good bike.

2003 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United Kingdom

Summary:

Fast, Fast, VERY FAST!

Battery died at 3,100 miles.

General Comments:

A very, very quick bike!

It is my second Hayabusa and I love the size and feel of the bike.

I have owned a Fireblade, R1, GSXR 1000 and ZX12R. The Hayabusa makes the 1000 cc sportsbikes look like toys.

The seating position on the Busa is much better than the 12R in that the seat is lower and it make the bike feel more balanced. The 12R was top heavy with the high seating.

Review Date: 21st July, 2005

2004 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa from United Kingdom

Summary:

Comfy, and very very fast now

Nothing, but the engine has been rebuilt due to the turbo conversion work.

General Comments:

As a standard bikem the Hayabusa is quick, but not untouchable. However, bolt on a Velocity turbo kit and say bye bye to even the Starship Enterprise (and your license if you're not wary!).

Once setup it will run 260 on low boost, and 320 on higher boost, or 400 on silly boost for demo runs, that's with it weighing in at around 230kg - you do the performance maths!

Review Date: 1st March, 2005