Suzuki RF400R Reviews

Most recent year of ownership2009
Distance when acquired30000 kilometres
Most recent distance32000 kilometres
Previous motorcycleKawasaki GTR1000

Summary:

Fantastic

Its got a bit of a noise in top gear, but according to the mechanic it is normal.

Other than that, my wife fell with the bike, but it only picked up a few scratches, which can be repaired.

General Comments:

Handles fantastic, sounds like a dream and the acceleration is nice and smooth. Looks like a big bike with all the benefits of a small bike.

My next bike would also be a RF, but a 600 or a 900.

Review Date: 1st September, 2009

2nd Nov 2010, 09:09

Hi, I recently bought myself a Suzuki RF400. I absolutely adore this bike, but I think its fuel consumption is very high. I estimate it at about 9km/l; is this normal for this bike or is there something wrong with mine? I really hope someone can help.

30th Mar 2011, 05:16

Hi, I also have a RD400, I think you should be getting at least half more again... but you might be thrashing the... out of it LOL.

It is a great bike. Had mine for a year now. Been brill. I am now after a Kawi zx600r...

Take care and have fun!

Most recent year of ownership2007
Distance when acquired33000 kilometres
Most recent distance35000 kilometres
Previous motorcycleHonda CBR400

Summary:

AWESOME!

Nothing.

General Comments:

My RF400r is what biking is about.

Being able to jump on the bike, hitting the starter button and knowing it's going to start. Heading out into the hills and having the time out your life.

I can't say enough good things about the bike, I will being moving up to a RF900... there's just something about these bikes... they are so understated!

Review Date: 6th May, 2007

9th Jul 2009, 06:49

I have a Suzuki RF 400R. The carburetors were set and the plugs changed since that the bike will only start and ride for 2 days, then the plugs are shot. If you replace the plugs again, the same problem will occur. Can anyone that has had this problem before, please give me some advice as this is becoming expensive. I am very desperate.

13th May 2013, 14:27

You need to get a new digital igniter electronic board, which is right under your seat. When it dries out with time, electrical boosts take place and burn out the sparks.

R-zee.