2009 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom from United States of America
Good beginner bike
Nothing really has gone wrong with the bike so far.
This is the first bike I've owned. What attracted me to this bike is the following
1) Very light compared to other motorcycles
2) Competitively priced.
3) Low seat height.
After having the bike for 8 months, here is what I came to dislike about it.
1) Passenger seat is a joke. It is very uncomfortable
2) It is air cooled. Meaning that in the hot Houston weather, at a a stoplight, I feel that my legs are burning up.
3) I feel that the rear tire lacks enough traction. It happened on a couple of occasions that the rear tire started to skid after hitting the brakes. Maybe I hit the brakes too hard.
4) Performance wise, I'd have expected it to have a better acceleration.
If you ask me, I'd say that 650 classic is more comfortable where the 650 custom looks better.
Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 18th May, 2009
16th Aug 2011, 11:10
Just wanted to add, I have a 2009 Silverado. 12,000 miles. First bike, I could not keep from stalling bike out at first (operator error), finally learned the rpm/clutch and now have no problems at all. No mechanical problems whatsoever. I ride 60+ miles one way to work, stock seat is very comfortable to me. Beautiful bike. I plan to keep this bike for a long time. Very happy with it.