Honda CB1000 Custom Reviews - Page 3 of 3

1983 Honda CB1000 Custom from United States of America

First year of ownership2007
Most recent year of ownership2007
Previous motorcycleSuzuki GSF600 Bandit (Unfaired)

Summary:

This bike is clearly a home wrecker

I just bought the bike with 16,000 +- miles on it, and haven't had much time to ride the bike yet.

I have noticed that there's a valve cover gasket leak that has to be addressed, and one of the carbs may have a slow leak.

Oh yeah, I will need some new brake pads and possibly new rotors if they cannot be turned.

General Comments:

So far from the 5 mile trip I have taken on it, it seems to be a pretty strong and powerful bike.

I can't wait to get the leaks and pads fixed. I see a lot of miles and fun times on the bike. Hopefully the few little parts that I do need will not be hard to find.

I love the styling, and the raised white letters on the wheels look great. I think this bike has found a permanent home.

I think I got a pretty good deal on the bike. I paid $1200.00 (US Dollars) for the bike with +- 16K miles on it in decent shape. What do you think?

Review Date: 28th October, 2007

23rd Feb 2008, 14:48

Sounds like you did alright on your deal; I have seen prices go to as high as $3k, but the bike was mint.

26th Jul 2008, 13:25

CB900 parts will work on your 1000. I have two CB1000; one is a parts bike, it has the rotor on it. e-mail jimboabe@yahoo.com

27th Mar 2010, 20:08

I hope you enjoy your CB Custom.. Just a one year run of that bike.. sounds like a really good deal. I purchased a 1981 CB900 custom 23,000 miles 1100.00 dollars. Never been down. Safe riding to all! 3/27/10.

6th Sep 2010, 12:36

Just got the bike a couple weeks ago. 20,000 miles on it for $1100 with no problems, and it rides great, smooth acceleration, garage kept, and it still has the original paint in mint condition. Great bike, fun ride. I will have it for many more years.

1983 Honda CB1000 Custom from Canada

First year of ownership1983
Most recent year of ownership2005
Previous motorcycleHonda CB900 Custom

Summary:

One of Honda's best motorcycles

Carburetor jets needed replacing,

General Comments:

Wonderfully reliable motorcycle.

Extremely good touring machine with Honda-line fairing.

Acceptable brakes and handling for such a large machine.

Quick acceleration, lots of top end.

High range cuts rpm on highway dramatically.

Review Date: 16th October, 2005

1983 Honda CB1000 Custom from United States of America

First year of ownership2002
Most recent year of ownership2004

Summary:

Possibly the greatest street bike ever built

Carburator overhaul, disc brake pads, tires.

Requires a tuneup every 4000 miles.

General Comments:

Wonderful old upright street bike. This thing turns heads, even in a crowd of brand new Harley's. I bought it from a cycle shop that was trying to reduce their inventory a couple of years ago, not knowing there is a whole following for these machines. The only year Honda made a CB 1000 Custom was 1983, and I lucked out and accidentally found one.

This hunk of machinery will cruise all day long at 100 mph, or ride around town and still be easy on the rider. I have attained as high as 53 miles to the gallon, and as low as 35, but learning how to use the dual range 5 speed transmission helps economy and performance. That's right, a 10 speed motorcycle.

Review Date: 12th December, 2004

3rd Jul 2005, 05:27

I have a CB1000 Custom also and love it. Where can I find more info on these bikes?

chris_salisbury@msn.com

15th Aug 2005, 03:40

I am looking to buy one of these beauties, where can I find more information on this motorcycle?

Thank You.

Phredus@gmail.com.

4th Sep 2005, 17:42

I've been thinking of putting mine on ebay, I'm not sure though. This is A BEAST THOUGH. I love eating up crotch rockets on my grandpa bike, what a sleeper.

Definatly one of the best bikes I've ever owned, whats the market value on a bike this rare?

mordantprick@yahoo.com