Honda CBR600RR Reviews - Page 2 of 3

First year of ownership2008
Most recent year of ownership2008
Distance when acquired0 kilometres
Most recent distance3600 kilometres

Summary:

The bike's weight and seat height is what got me buying this

My 07~08 600rr is a pretty solid bike. It was very easy to get a handle on.

I've had 3 services done to the bike up till now (mainly oil changes), at 500km, 1000km, and 3000km. And so far nothing has gone wrong with the bike.

General Comments:

I couldn't compare this bike to others of the same class, since this is the first sports bike I've ever owned, but in terms of riding this bike in general, it has been super. It didn't take long for me to start hitting 100km/h mark after I have acquired the bike, and the controls are relatively easy to use.

The comments I would also want to make about this bike, for people who have never owned a sport bike, are that:

A. After several hours of riding, your back and arms can get quite sore without periodic stops and rests. Which is normal for bikes of this class

B. Although I have heard that 600cc class bikes do not have the power to do wheelies, I myself have accidentally done one and it's quite scary since I have not been trained to do one yet.

Review Date: 23rd October, 2008

2006 Honda CBR600RR from New Zealand

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
First year of ownership2007
Most recent year of ownership2008
Distance when acquired3900 kilometres
Most recent distance11120 kilometres

Summary:

This bike exceeded all my expectations

Nothing has gone wrong with this bike.

General Comments:

The CBR600RR is the bike of my dreams, and all those dreams came true when I bought it in December 2007.

Nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

It costs the same to run as a friends Kawasaki Ninja 250cc twin. With about 3X the horse power. (118hp)

When I see it parked in my shed, it looks like it's watching me and begging me to take it out.

It gets lots of looks.

Sounds good standard, but I have heard it's even better when fitted with an after market exhaust (coming soon).

Some people say that these are gutless at low revs. Not me. At 100kph it's revving at 5200rpm. If you want to pass, just twist and go. If you want to pass fast, chop down to 3rd or even 2nd. But I doubt you will ever need to. It is fun though.

And yes it is fast... A little too fast for someone who is not careful.

1st gear 0-130kph, 2nd 165kph and so on. Top speed (not by me), but I hear is about 265kph.

If you like this style of bike, you will love this sports bike.

Review Date: 27th May, 2008

2003 Honda CBR600RR from United Kingdom

Model year2003
Year of manufacture2003
First year of ownership2003
Most recent year of ownership2004
Previous motorcycleYamaha YZF-R1

Summary:

Total excellent machine

Timing chain.

General Comments:

What a machine; this was purchased for my birthday, the best bike I've ever owned, and I been riding bikes for 30+ years. I could not fault it; track days were a breeze.

I'm now going to buy a 2005 model.

Review Date: 10th October, 2007

2005 Honda CBR600RR from Canada

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
First year of ownership2006
Most recent year of ownership2006
Most recent distance1485 kilometres
Previous motorcycleHonda CBR 600 F2

Summary:

Best 600 Honda has made to date

Bought new in 2006 February as a clearance model so to speak. Saved big $$$ on getting an 05 vs 06. Nothing has gone wrong with it, really don't expect it to break down anytime soon. Honda has fixed the famous cam chain faliure's on this model line finally (1989-1997).

Minor complaints include, vibration noise in tank cover (plastic on the RR series) between it and either the metal tank underneath or air-box. Dealer fixed on first service.

Minor fuel injection glitch around 4000 rpm while cruising.

While breaking it in, sometimes would smell gas vapours after coming to a stop. Seems to have gone away.

General Comments:

For a 600cc bike, it goes more like a 750cc bike. Although it lacks the torque, it does have a bunch of power for its size. Around 123 or so according to the dealer.

Handling is excellent and the braking is phenomenal. The suspension is fully adjustable both front and rear, and the OEM tires are great.

Don't plan on touring to much on it however, as the seat and riding position are pure sport bike. It was said they took a lot of design and technology from the RC211V Motogp bike, and I believe them.

Also to note, the RR series has 8 fuel injectors vs the usual 4. The power output reflects on its gas mileage, which is worse than I thought, around 150 miles per tank is my average. I'm sure I could do better, but you can't help, but turn on the juice once in awhile.

Review Date: 28th May, 2006

11th Dec 2008, 09:48

I will agree, the 05 RR is an amazing bike. Compared to my last bike, the 636, the Honda blows it away when it comes to just about everything. I do seem to be having some problems though with my master cylinder leaking?? If anyone out there has had this same problem, let me know, because I'm finding it very hard to fix.