2007 Honda CBX250 from South Africa

Summary:

Offers value from Honda

No problems experienced.

General Comments:

The seat is uncomfortable on a long run.

The paintwork on the aluminum side plates at the bottom of the bike is of a poor quality, tending to stain and fade, and does not respond to polish.

The bike rides well, has sufficient power to climb hills with relative ease, and is very good value for money, attracting many an envious admirer.

Review Date: 4th September, 2008

2007 Honda CBX250 from South Africa

Summary:

Overall Rating: Excellent!

Nothing to date. It is still too early to comment as the bike is still new.

General Comments:

This bike is awesome! Its my first bike and absolutely easy and fantastic to ride. It is the perfect beginners road bike. I would recommend this model to anyone that has never ridden before and want to start. I would also suggest using the CBX250 for your licence test as well, as it is much easier to maneuver on the testing course as compared to a larger bike.

The bike is very comfortable. Perfect for everyday commuting to work and back. The 16,5L tank goes a long way. However, after riding for a little while, I do now feel that the bike is a bit small and I will probably upgrade to a 600 or 1000cc in a years time.

Another problem is the wind factor. At 100km/hour, being a light bike, the wind tends to move the bike around, which causes you to lean more. But here again, fitting a small wind shield will sort this problem out.

Like any rider, once you have a small bike and after enjoying it for a while, you always look at stepping up a notch and upgrading to a larger bike.

I would recommend this bike as a first bike to any new rider, as it is easy to learn on and to get your riding up to spec, especially in heavy traffic. It will also prepare you for the bigger bike!

Review Date: 21st September, 2007

21st Sep 2007, 18:46

Hello.

I am interested in getting a motorbike and I'm considering the CBX 250. I have never ridden a motorbike before. How difficult was it to get going with this bike?

10th Jan 2009, 23:41

I have owned my CBX250 since March 2008 and have covered about 23000 kms during this time. I live in Howick, KZN, and shortly after buying the bike, I traveled up to Johannesburg; east to Komatipoort on the Mozambique border; then south through Swaziland; and finally down the North Coast of KwaZulu Natal and home to Howick.

I weigh 85 kgs, and covered between 400 to 500 kms per day; during which I found the seat adequately comfortable.

I maintained speeds between 100 to 120 kms/hr, and achieved consumption figures ranging from 29 to 33 kms/litre.

I fitted a wind screen and a GIVI top box, and found these additions greatly enhanced the home comforts while traveling.

Since then I have done a return trip to East London with similar results.

I too would like to get a larger capacity bike, which is likely to be a Yamaha TDM900, however, I am unlikely to dispose of this Honda.

I am less impressed with Honda, as an organization, in this country, however, I would consider any Honda bike again without hesitation.

2007 Honda CBX250 from South Africa

Summary:

It's an excellent vehicle, and is really worth the money I paid for it

Since bought new during June 2007, nothing has gone wrong with the motorcycle.

General Comments:

Since new, I made an effort not to strain the engine, either by letting it labour in too high a gear, or by over- revving it in any gear. For approximately 500 kilometers, I took care not to exceed 100 km/hour in 6th gear.

This paid off, and the engine never over-heated or used any oil, and now it goes 120 to 130 km/hour easily.

I drive 90 kilometers a day, 5 days per week, of which 30 kilometers is high-way driving where my speed averages 110 - 120 km/hour, and I keep ahead of many vehicles (speed limit is 120 km/hour).

I live in South Africa (Paarl), and commute to Cape Town and back every day, as said, 5 days per week, and I find the fuel consumption excellent (33 kilometers per liter, doing 110 - 120 km/hour). If driven slower, the fuel consumption will be much better, of course.

I fitted a small windscreen, and this really helps a lot with the "wind factor", as by driving above 90 km/hour, the wind really is a factor to consider. The bike really "drives on rails" in the known Cape South Easter, and keeps its speed even in these terrible conditions. I'm doing a lot of driving in rain too and the bike never "died on me".

I "look after" my vehicles and strictly adhere to the manufacturer's service intervals etc., and this really pays off.

Review Date: 23rd July, 2007

19th May 2008, 02:37

I found this to be a great review. The person told all that I wanted to know and I have a similar situation (distance, area and weather conditions). I would have liked to have the person's contact details though as I have one more question namely, where he got the windscreen for the bike. Great review.

1987 Honda CBX250 from Canada

Summary:

Awesome little thumper

Nothing!

General Comments:

Most fun per dollar spent I think I've ever had. This bike tries so damn hard and has lots of soul; sure it doesn't go fast and you have to constantly wring its neck, but that sure makes things fun. Raking the gear box through twisties while getting 55 mpg rules.

Review Date: 11th June, 2007

1987 Honda CBX250 from Canada

Summary:

A ton of fun to rip around on

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

What a hoot to drive. The bike is underpowered, but what do you expect for a single cylinder 250? Don't let this fool you, it is still a bunch of fun to ride.

I actually bought this for my wife, it's her first bike. Light weight, easy to ride. What more could you ask for?

Review Date: 3rd September, 2006