2009 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United States of America

Summary:

F***ing Awesome

Gas tank. It leaked so I replaced it.

ECU went out.

Peg broke, but it's my fault for dragging pegs in the twisties.

2 radiators, but also my fault. I take this thing in dirt, sand, and gravel for fun. I regret nothing.

General Comments:

Seriously, I put a s**t ton of miles on this bike in a short amount of time. It's done a lot of long distance rides and is my commuter. The tank and ECU going out kind of pisses me off, but it hasn't had any of the other problems with the charging system that people typically complain about.

For a cruiser, it handles exceptionally well. I marked handling as an 8 because I compare it to standards and sport bikes.

The acceleration is great. I'm gone while people are still thinking about taking off.

This thing is seriously comfortable all day long. You get to your top speed in no time at all, which is about 125. It's also extremely quiet and I like that. I hate loud bikes.

Review Date: 25th May, 2017

2009 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from Canada

Summary:

As it stands now, it is not safe to drive

Tires wore prematurely as a new bike.

Gas tank: Definitely a problem with this bike. It is 2 years old and has serious issues. Leaks around the seam and small pin holes. There have been 5 riders in the last month with the same problem at the same dealership. This is a safety hazard and needs to be addressed by Hyosung. Replacing it with a new tank is a short fix, because the same problem will occur. This is a manufacturing fault! Do some riders and or technicians have to get seriously injured when this problem causes a fire, for Hyosung to do something!

General Comments:

I like my GV650, but I'm afraid that if the tank problem does not become a recall, then I will not buy another Hyosung product.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 19th August, 2012

7th Oct 2013, 09:51

I've had my GV 650 for 2 and a half years now, and the only issue I have had is it can be a bit sticky going from first to second gear. Never heard of any issue with leaking tanks, even in all the other reviews I have read.

Love this bike.

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United States of America

Summary:

Outperforms MANY 1500cc cruisers

Updated the charging system.

General Comments:

The GV650 is really a bigger bike than a 650cc. Sold my 2008 Kawi Drifter 1500 because I couldn't get it fast enough after dumping thousands into it.

All you big cruiser guys that REALLY want to take a cruiser in the twisties, then this bike HAS the power.

TONS of aftermarket options to make it custom, and my dealer is great.

Not sure where some of these people that gave their reviews store their bikes, but mine has no problems with the chrome nor rusting??? 22000 miles on it...

The seat at first was a little stiff to get use to, but it's a sporty cruiser :)

Review Date: 17th May, 2012

2009 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United States of America

Summary:

Poor quality manufacturing

Do not buy this motorcycle. I was excited to be getting such a deal, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

I only have 6000 miles on this bike, and it has been in the shop 3, going on its 4th time.

The first time was a failure of the foot link shifter, which broke off completely while I was on the highway.

The second was for a problem with the clutch cable, and the two most recent have been a leak with the gas tank. The tank was just repaired two weeks ago and replaced with a new tank. It is now leaking again.

I would highly recommend not buying this bike! Such poor quality manufacturing.

General Comments:

Spend your money elsewhere. That's just my opinion, based on my experience.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 12th July, 2011

19th Sep 2011, 17:06

I bought a 650 GV, and it's the best ride I've had in 15 years... It's a great bike; maybe your mechanic needs to go back to school and learn to fix or replace things properly. I bought it with 3 kms brand new this year, put 4800 clicks on it, and had it serviced once for a minor oil leak off of the pressure valve. It's an outstanding bike for the cost.

19th Apr 2012, 22:28

Awesome bike to ride. Great value for money. Find a decent mechanic, and you'll never have any issues with this bike. I have ridden 5000 kms, and it still runs like it did when I first bought it.