2009 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from Canada

Summary:

As it stands now, it is not safe to drive

Tires wore prematurely as a new bike.

Gas tank: Definitely a problem with this bike. It is 2 years old and has serious issues. Leaks around the seam and small pin holes. There have been 5 riders in the last month with the same problem at the same dealership. This is a safety hazard and needs to be addressed by Hyosung. Replacing it with a new tank is a short fix, because the same problem will occur. This is a manufacturing fault! Do some riders and or technicians have to get seriously injured when this problem causes a fire, for Hyosung to do something!

General Comments:

I like my GV650, but I'm afraid that if the tank problem does not become a recall, then I will not buy another Hyosung product.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 19th August, 2012

7th Oct 2013, 09:51

I've had my GV 650 for 2 and a half years now, and the only issue I have had is it can be a bit sticky going from first to second gear. Never heard of any issue with leaking tanks, even in all the other reviews I have read.

Love this bike.

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United States of America

Summary:

Outperforms MANY 1500cc cruisers

Updated the charging system.

General Comments:

The GV650 is really a bigger bike than a 650cc. Sold my 2008 Kawi Drifter 1500 because I couldn't get it fast enough after dumping thousands into it.

All you big cruiser guys that REALLY want to take a cruiser in the twisties, then this bike HAS the power.

TONS of aftermarket options to make it custom, and my dealer is great.

Not sure where some of these people that gave their reviews store their bikes, but mine has no problems with the chrome nor rusting??? 22000 miles on it...

The seat at first was a little stiff to get use to, but it's a sporty cruiser :)

Review Date: 17th May, 2012

2009 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United States of America

Summary:

Poor quality manufacturing

Do not buy this motorcycle. I was excited to be getting such a deal, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

I only have 6000 miles on this bike, and it has been in the shop 3, going on its 4th time.

The first time was a failure of the foot link shifter, which broke off completely while I was on the highway.

The second was for a problem with the clutch cable, and the two most recent have been a leak with the gas tank. The tank was just repaired two weeks ago and replaced with a new tank. It is now leaking again.

I would highly recommend not buying this bike! Such poor quality manufacturing.

General Comments:

Spend your money elsewhere. That's just my opinion, based on my experience.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 12th July, 2011

19th Sep 2011, 17:06

I bought a 650 GV, and it's the best ride I've had in 15 years... It's a great bike; maybe your mechanic needs to go back to school and learn to fix or replace things properly. I bought it with 3 kms brand new this year, put 4800 clicks on it, and had it serviced once for a minor oil leak off of the pressure valve. It's an outstanding bike for the cost.

19th Apr 2012, 22:28

Awesome bike to ride. Great value for money. Find a decent mechanic, and you'll never have any issues with this bike. I have ridden 5000 kms, and it still runs like it did when I first bought it.

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from Canada

Summary:

Best buy for money and reliability - great looks

Vacuum fuel valve replaced (warranty).

Battery replaced (warranty).

Speed computer replaced (warranty).

General Comments:

For the size fast.

Excellent brakes.

Super maneuverability.

Excellent centre of gravity.

Best motorcycle I've had in 43 years, and this is number 18.

Review Date: 14th November, 2009

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United Kingdom

Summary:

A fast comfortable cruiser that will turn heads

Gear lever linkage separated when the nut fell off at around 7000 miles.

General Comments:

Bearing in mind that it is a cruiser, the handling is exceptionally good, although of course the pegs will always hit the deck on tight/fast corners.

It has a comfortable saddle, although the lack of any adjustment on the handle bars is a drawback for me as I am quite short (5' 7"). This makes it a little difficult to perform slow tight turns as one or other arm is at full stretch. Two hours in the saddle (on motorways) gives about 120 miles, which seems fine for stops.

Pillion seat requires an additional cushion I am told, but once fitted all is fine.

Brakes are very good, as are the factory fitted tyres (Bridgestone BattleAxe).

Review Date: 17th August, 2009