2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United States of America

Summary:

You will not find a more impressive cruiser for the money, or even double

Upon receiving the cycle from the dealer, who stayed open 2 extra hours, the bike had a defective petcock; just a fluke problem.

The cycle's right springs chrome chipped.

General Comments:

This cycle is fantastic for a new rider or any advanced rider.

Unbelievable torque with speed; too impressive for any 647cc cruiser. I've personally topped the bike to 142mph in 5th, but believe it may have a little more in 4th. WOW.

Good balance, but could lose the weight of the muffler for increased balance.

Decent comfort and ride.

I love this cycle!

Review Date: 17th February, 2008

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United States of America

Summary:

I love everything about it, from the curves of the bike - to how it handles them and the power!

I had trouble starting it a few times with it being in neutral - the fix has been simply to raise the kickstand and pull in the clutch. Once it starts though I can let off the clutch and put the kickstand down.

General Comments:

This is my second Hyosung motorcycle. In February 2007, I bought my very first bike, the Aquila GV250. It too handled great and quality wise the only problem I had was the plastic chain guard (but the dealer gladly replaced it under warranty).

I was very satisfied with the GV250, but as I became more comfortable riding a motorcycle, and with the amount of riding my husband and our friends do - it had become apparent that I needed to graduate to a bigger bike with more power. I started looking really hard at the GV650 and at the usual manufacturers - there are a lot of very nice bikes out there, but the sleek lines of the GV650 stuck in my head. After going back and forth for a couple of weeks, my husband insisted I go test ride it - that's all it took!

I've had the bike for 3 weeks now. Wow, I can't believe it took me so long to make this decision. I wish now that it would have been my first bike, but as a new rider I didn't want a bike that was too heavy for me to handle. I now know, the lighter bike is better for sitting at a stop, but for actual riding the heavier bike provides a much smoother, more comfortable ride.

The GV650 has a low center of gravity and a wide rear tire that makes it handle curves like a dream.

The sleek styling of it has people at stop lights asking me what it is and where they can get one. I've had several enthusiasts come up and ask if it is a Harley V-Rod.

My husband and our riding companions have all taken it out for a spin, and are very impressed with the amount of power and control it exhibits.

One of my big concerns when I was thinking about buying a bike from a relatively new manufacturer (in the US) was the infrastructure to support the bike. Granted, you do not have the number of dealerships in every city like the major players, but I looked and found at least 5 in a 30 - 40 mile radius.

Because I have not had any problems with this bike, I can't speak to the service on this one, but my GV250 had 2 problems - the muffler showed a little rust and the plastic chain guard broke - both were replaced under warranty at no charge to me.

Review Date: 6th October, 2007

2006 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from Australia

Summary:

Great value for money cruiser -- rough, but honest

The original equipment mirrors disintegrated at the base within the first couple of months. They are plastic (!) bases.

Screen cracked at an attachment screw. (Dealer put it down to overzealous tightening on his behalf and replaced it free)

General Comments:

Surprisingly quick for a 650 V-twin -- it certainly out-accelerates some larger cruisers and leaves equivalent cruisers in the dust.

I find the seat very comfortable. However, my regular pillion can't handle more than an hour at a time on the back, since the seating position forces me to lean back slightly, robbing her of any space or room to move.

Brakes are very effective, if somewhat "wooden". Never a drama stopping.

Bike is very stable at speed, and even at walking pace. A little ponderous perhaps, but easy to turn and manoeuvre. For a cruiser, it corners well -- your heel will let you know how close you're getting.

Fuel consumption is reasonable. About 300+km on a tank. You wouldn't want to ride more without a break anyway.

Gearchanges are easy and remarkably silent.

Some of the chromed "bling" is actually plastic; its longevity will be interesting.

The huge muffler does nothing for the engine note, but the dealer showed me a "sports" exhaust that had it snapping and snarling!

Instruments are reasonable, though I feel a tacho would be good (on a cruiser!) in light of the way this motor revs out so (too) easily.

It attracts attention! People like the look of it. It has road presence.

Review Date: 9th August, 2006

26th Nov 2006, 23:57

What is a replacement for the mirrors? At $136 each, a bit costly. Found the plastic type used in the guards soft even after 12 months, scratches easly.

Tyres are good wearing. Book says that at 10k service heads to be taken off, why? This is a 4 stroke bike.

Only bad fault, replaced by shop, was the radiator got a hole in tube, and not a rock thanks to the guard.

Can a set of extra lights, like the Harley, be fitted to the front forks?