2009 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United States of America

Summary:

Poor quality manufacturing

Do not buy this motorcycle. I was excited to be getting such a deal, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

I only have 6000 miles on this bike, and it has been in the shop 3, going on its 4th time.

The first time was a failure of the foot link shifter, which broke off completely while I was on the highway.

The second was for a problem with the clutch cable, and the two most recent have been a leak with the gas tank. The tank was just repaired two weeks ago and replaced with a new tank. It is now leaking again.

I would highly recommend not buying this bike! Such poor quality manufacturing.

General Comments:

Spend your money elsewhere. That's just my opinion, based on my experience.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 12th July, 2011

19th Sep 2011, 17:06

I bought a 650 GV, and it's the best ride I've had in 15 years... It's a great bike; maybe your mechanic needs to go back to school and learn to fix or replace things properly. I bought it with 3 kms brand new this year, put 4800 clicks on it, and had it serviced once for a minor oil leak off of the pressure valve. It's an outstanding bike for the cost.

19th Apr 2012, 22:28

Awesome bike to ride. Great value for money. Find a decent mechanic, and you'll never have any issues with this bike. I have ridden 5000 kms, and it still runs like it did when I first bought it.

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from Canada

Summary:

Best buy for money and reliability - great looks

Vacuum fuel valve replaced (warranty).

Battery replaced (warranty).

Speed computer replaced (warranty).

General Comments:

For the size fast.

Excellent brakes.

Super maneuverability.

Excellent centre of gravity.

Best motorcycle I've had in 43 years, and this is number 18.

Review Date: 14th November, 2009

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from United Kingdom

Summary:

A fast comfortable cruiser that will turn heads

Gear lever linkage separated when the nut fell off at around 7000 miles.

General Comments:

Bearing in mind that it is a cruiser, the handling is exceptionally good, although of course the pegs will always hit the deck on tight/fast corners.

It has a comfortable saddle, although the lack of any adjustment on the handle bars is a drawback for me as I am quite short (5' 7"). This makes it a little difficult to perform slow tight turns as one or other arm is at full stretch. Two hours in the saddle (on motorways) gives about 120 miles, which seems fine for stops.

Pillion seat requires an additional cushion I am told, but once fitted all is fine.

Brakes are very good, as are the factory fitted tyres (Bridgestone BattleAxe).

Review Date: 17th August, 2009

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from Canada

Summary:

Love the ride, but hate the service support

Brakes are completely shot after only 3800 km total (bought new).

General Comments:

After only 3800 total km and only 2000 km after the initial 1600 (first service) km inspection, the brake pads are completely gone and the rotor disc so damaged it needs replacing. The dealer was unsympathetic and declared I was riding the brakes. I know I don't, and was stunned at how quickly and badly the brakes wore through. I cruise and don't race, and have been extremely careful with the ride.

I love the bike and the ride, but if I have to replace brakes after every 3800 km, I am ditching it.

Review Date: 12th June, 2009

2007 Hyosung Aquila GV650 from Australia

Summary:

Great when it goes, easy to ride

Will not start (7 times now and the dealer cannot fix it).

Left indicator not working.

Some kind of acid spilled on to swing arm and corroded the exhaust pipe.

General Comments:

Great bike when it is going, but unreliable. Unfortunately it is all I can afford at the moment.

Very poor back-up service from the dealers.

Parts hard to come by.

Accessories very expensive ($A550.00) for a rack and rear seat rest.

Service frequency is too great.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 21st November, 2008

18th Mar 2010, 01:19

Can't complain about my 650 Aquila 2007 model. Great power for me, handles rough bitumen surfaces and dirt surface easily. Comments on the bling (shine and chrome), style and general appearance. For the money it's unreal. Can't wait for a 700efi or similar to come to Australia. I give mine a hard time riding in Western Queensland, and it can hack it.