2001 Kawasaki Concours from United States of America

Summary:

Would buy the new model in a heart beat, because the first was so good

Missing fasteners due to vibration.

Camshaft pitting, though not terminal at this point.

General Comments:

As a veteran of at least 2 dozen bikes in 30 years, this one offers a well rounded platform. While it doesn't hit the highest marks in one area, it certainly excels in many that hit the heart of the sport touring set. You can't beat it for a great bike value.

Review Date: 17th November, 2014

2010 Kawasaki Concours from Saudi Arabia

Summary:

Wonderful motorcycle

Kipass replaced under warranty. The new Kipass from the 2011+ model has a better spring that will not jam.

Preload adjuster jammed. Fixed with cleaning only.

Needed a new battery.

That's all; this motorcycle is really reliable.

General Comments:

Fast, really fast. I love the 1400 engine.

It lacks cruise control, which can be solved by an after market kit. I love this sport tourer and will not buy anything else.

If you are a short person, this can be hard; this motorcycle is high and heavy. It is better to think of another motorcycle like the Yamaha FJR 1300.

Make sure to fit an engine and saddle bag guard, it is really worth it.

One thing I hate on this motorcycle is the seat. It is not comfortable on long trips. Solved this issue with an Airhawk pad.

Review Date: 18th September, 2014

2011 Kawasaki Concours from United States of America

Summary:

It's a good, reliable ride

I have had no mechanical problems with the bike.

General Comments:

It has been a good, problem free bike. I changed the tires at 12,800, and changed the battery in the transponder after 2 years. Most riding has been interstate 88 to 150 miles round trip.

I have made a couple of long trips out of state. Usual running is between 3800 and 4000 RPM.

The only extra added was a big box.

I always use 93 octane. Averages 48 to 50 plus MPG.

The ability to raise and lower the windshield in transit is helpful. Not having self-canceling turn signals isn't.

I'm short legged, so even lowering the bike I'm on my toes. The Concours is a very good commuter bike with ample storage, and plenty of power. It's comfortable to ride, and handles well.

Review Date: 27th September, 2013

29th Apr 2014, 11:35

How did you lower it?

I have a 1986 Connie and want to lower it a bit.

2000 Kawasaki Concours from United States of America

Summary:

Best deal on the market. Wish Kawasaki offered the new Connie with a 3 cylinder 1050

Besides normal wear, tires & brake stuff, I have replaced:

2 water pumps.

1 speedo cable.

Rebuilt clutch master & slave cylinders.

Re-soldered the master relay.

And replaced a few light bulbs.

General Comments:

Extremely reliable.

42-45 mpg average; 40 min / 49 max.

I always use full synthetic oil (Amsoil) at 10,000 mile changes (after many quick changes during break-in with dino oil).

Daily rider, weekend trips with my wife as passenger.

Genmar bar risers, Rifle windshield, & Givi trunk box are a must.

Balance the carbs, and adjust the pilot air screws out to stop low RPM surging.

Love this bike, but have said when it hits 150K I will get a new bike. Now that I am getting close, not sure I want to spend big bucks for less fuel mileage and high insurance. I might just get a new seat and take this one to 200K.

I'm 57, 220#, 5'9", and would ride this bike anywhere.

Review Date: 16th September, 2013

1986 Kawasaki Concours from Canada

Summary:

Best value for the dollar of almost any big bike

The original intake valves were soft and flared. The dealer in Tucson wanted $1,500 to change them. The COG group helped a great deal. I bought aftermarket carbon valves, pulled the top end and changed all valves myself. I did it on our back deck as our house did not have a garage. 2nd crank the bike started. Now it is oil and filters, and I do the plugs every 3 years.

The fairing cracks easily - I am on my 3rd one, buying them on wreckers from e-bay.

General Comments:

I rode it from Calgary to Portland, then south on Hwy 1 in California. Best ride ever! Handled well and blew all the other bikes off the road.

When in the Rockies with my wife on the back and loaded bags, I scraped the right bag in a curve, I was so far over.

The Rifle fairing and raised bars make a big difference. I am 6 ft 2.

At 52 years I dropped it in the driveway. I think a fly landed on my right arm. Bang, over we went. I use the smaller BMW around town as the Connie is heavy. I bought it from a guy that dropped it in his garage.

Review Date: 23rd April, 2013