Suzuki Boulevard C50T Reviews

Year of manufacture2011
First year of ownership2012
Most recent year of ownership2012
Previous motorcycleKawasaki Z750

Summary:

Well worth considering

The ignition switch gets a little "sticky" sometimes.

General Comments:

The C50T has been a really good ride to re-introduce my wife and myself to cycling. I was really into cycles during my teen years, and have decided return to it.

The CT's heavy enough to give a stable, comfortable ride, but not so heavy that it is a chore to ride in city stop and go traffic. It delivers nicely in the twisties too.

We ride the bike, two up, for our 25 mile daily commute, and it has proven to be a pleasing ride. Power, acceleration, spacious, vibration-free and a pleasing exhaust note... it is everything I had hoped for in a sub-10K bike.

If touring is on your list of to-dos, then you will probably want to add additional luggage. Speaking of add-ons, we've added the OEM engine guards, OEM passenger boards, Celestar radiator grille, RAM GPS mount, OEM rack with XElement Tour Pack. Our wish list includes a light bar and driver to passenger intercom system.

I mention this stuff because I hope to give the impression that this bike is being customized to meet our needs for many miles to come.

It may not be the perfect motorcycle on the road, but if you are looking for a sharp looking, inexpensive middle weight cruising/touring machine for two up, this one is worth a look.

Good luck, and keep the rubber side down.

Review Date: 22nd November, 2012

2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T from United States of America

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2008
First year of ownership2009
Most recent year of ownership2009
Previous motorcycleHonda VF750C Magna

Summary:

A nice motorcycle for the money

While washing the bike, the lens cap on the front turn signal fell off.

General Comments:

Unable to use the helmet lock as the saddlebags hide it and I cannot insert the key behind the saddlebags.

The bike has good power for a vtwin of that size.

Good looking with nice features.

Seat starts to burn after an hour of riding.

Get some buzz in the grips.

Bike whines when getting up around 40mph.

The bike seems to be a little top heavy.

However it handles nicely at speeds other than slow.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 5th June, 2009

2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T from United States of America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2005
First year of ownership2007

Summary:

I love this bike

General Comments:

Very very nice bike. I liked it the first time I saw her, and anyone who looks at the bike thinks it is a Harley.

It rides like a baby; it's very easy to make turns.

It is not very heavy bike, so if you go in a pot hole you can regain control…

Review Date: 21st December, 2008

1st Mar 2013, 13:58

Own a 2006 Boulevard. Have 16000 miles on the bike. Added a Mustang seat. Would ride around the world if I could.

For the money you can't beat it, and I really think the higher price bikes aren't any better. Have nothing bad to say about the bike.

I'm 58 years old, and make a couple of hundred miles rides regularly.

The bike will go as fast as you need to go. Can't complain. Roll tide roll.

12th Mar 2014, 12:57

I also have a 2006 C50T. Bought it used in June 2012 with 4,500 miles on it. Now has 15,000 care free miles.

It came with Saddleman Jumbo throw overs, which I converted to bolt on, driving light bar and lights, windshield and sissybar and back rest. I added throttle lock.

The bike is the perfect size and weight for me, has plenty of power (I ride solo).

I do oil changes every 3,500 miles with a filter every other change. Would like a tach, six speed trans, disc brakes all around and a better seat, but for the price, it cannot beat it. Can do oil and filter in an hour or less. A similar size Yamaha is a nightmare to do. I know, I just did my buddy's bike. No more of that.

All I need now are engine guards with soft lower covers. I also added a 90db buzzer to my directionals to remind me to turn them off. Only problem, they're hard to hear with my helmet on.

Ronzo